Close

Just got a new printer doesnt work, please help!

Hello EveryOne.

I was extremely excited to Save Up and Purchase the New FlashForge 3D Printer. I was able to go through the initial Setup, but while I was trying to setup the "Level Build Plate", while it was initiating toward the home position, the printer started to make noise and Vibrate. I had to cancel the task as it doesnt sound right. What can be the reason or this is happening. I have checked everything and done everything according to steps and video tutorials. Pelase help.

Staff Engineer
    Doesn't Flashforge offer any technical support? On machines like these, that's a big part of what you're buying, since (as you've discovered) they aren't exactly easy to set up and run.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    which model printer did you buy ?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by algolubev1 View Post
    Hello EveryOne.

I was extremely excited to Save Up and Purchase the New FlashForge 3D Printer. I was able to go through the initial Setup, but while I was trying to setup the "Level Build Plate", while it was initiating toward the home position, the printer started to make noise and Vibrate. I had to cancel the task as it doesnt sound right. What can be the reason or this is happening. I have checked everything and done everything according to steps and video tutorials. Pelase help.
    When it does it's homing, does it actually make contact with the end stop switch?

It isn't uncommon for those to be dodgy, if its not detecting that switch it will vibrate like all hell.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Setup malfunction and Shaking

Hey ,

Have you tried seeing inside the printer to where the pulley belts are? check if there is anything obstructing them like filament , loose parts or something. If it is clear, it could be the limit switch isn't working. Those actually only cost $2 at a local electonics shop. there is just a requirement of soldering and screwing the switch back in the same way the old one is. If that isn't the problem, it might be your stepper motor is wired incorrectly. This may be from incorrect sequence of steps due to wire mix up. Call flashforge and see if they can respond about that kind of problem. The last possibiliy is that the wires are getting pinched somewhere on the machine. This can commonly happen during shipping and it casues the electrical connection to be disabled on and off depending on how pinched the wire is and whether it makes contact with another conductive surface.

Quote Originally Posted by TTL 3D Ninja View Post
    Hey ,

Have you tried seeing inside the printer to where the pulley belts are? check if there is anything obstructing them like filament , loose parts or something. If it is clear, it could be the limit switch isn't working. Those actually only cost $2 at a local electonics shop. there is just a requirement of soldering and screwing the switch back in the same way the old one is. If that isn't the problem, it might be your stepper motor is wired incorrectly. This may be from incorrect sequence of steps due to wire mix up. Call flashforge and see if they can respond about that kind of problem. The last possibiliy is that the wires are getting pinched somewhere on the machine. This can commonly happen during shipping and it casues the electrical connection to be disabled on and off depending on how pinched the wire is and whether it makes contact with another conductive surface.
    I think the best way is the contact Flashforge service. I encountered the same problem that the printer is trying to move to the limit of one direction but the limit sensor is not triggering. The printer does not know it has reach its axis limit, so the motor keep on going until the sensor is trigger. It is possible where the noise is coming from. It is due to poor manufacturing, I did a quick fix by adding an extra mount to secure the limit sensor. But please check with them before start fixing it. They might say you damaged the printer yourself and not provide you an exchange or support.