Close

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    So where would I have to save the files in order to get this to work?
    From the info provided at the github link in the Marlin configuration.h file -

Installation:
    extract LiquidTWI2/ into <arduinosketchbook>/libraries/LiquidTWI2

I haven't actually installed and tested this, but it seems you go to wherever you have Arduino installed, look for the libraries folder, and you should end up with a folder there when you are done named LiquidTWI2.

Technologist
    Good deal, this compiles!!!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Good deal, this compiles!!!
    At least you're a step closer. I'm not into the auto bed leveling scene, so I can't help with that part.

Technologist
    [QUOTE=AbuMaia;33795]Now that we have this mod to save the G29 matrix for an entire print session (or longer), it is no longer necessary to add a G29 to the start gcode when slicing. However, those of us who run our printers standalone, we need another way of running the G29 when we change a setting or a glass plate. I believe that many who run their printer standalone have an LCD display on their printer. Here's what I did to add G29 to the LCD menu:

In ultralcd.cpp, find MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_AUTO_HOME, PSTR("G28"));
    Just after it, add MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_BED_LEVEL, PSTR("G29 n5"));

In language.h, find #define MSG_ENDSTOP_ABORT "Endstop abort"
    Just after it, add #define MSG_BED_LEVEL "G29 Bed Level"

I added this and it was working fine. Had a show yesterday and it didn't work anymore.
    Got this message. When I do a g29 n5 in Repetier it works fine. Any ideas?
    13:38:15.257 : echo:enqueing "G29 n5"
    13:38:15.267 : ?Number of probed points not plausable.

You need to have:

#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 5

to do a G29 n5

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    You need to have:

#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 5

to do a G29 n5
    Changed it to n3....thanks a lot! It works

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Now that we have this mod to save the G29 matrix for an entire print session (or longer), it is no longer necessary to add a G29 to the start gcode when slicing. However, those of us who run our printers standalone, we need another way of running the G29 when we change a setting or a glass plate. I believe that many who run their printer standalone have an LCD display on their printer. Here's what I did to add G29 to the LCD menu:

In ultralcd.cpp, find MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_AUTO_HOME, PSTR("G28"));
    Just after it, add MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_BED_LEVEL, PSTR("G29 n5"));

In language.h, find #define MSG_ENDSTOP_ABORT "Endstop abort"
    Just after it, add #define MSG_BED_LEVEL "G29 Bed Level"

Thank you works awesome just need to "Auto Home" prior to G29

Technologist
    I am using your firmware on one machine relatively successfully, on another it acts very erratically. I attached a copy of it.
    On both machines, unless I do an M502, the endstops affect the motion of other axises. i. E. if z is triggered, x thinks it's home. I can work with this by moving z up, but it is not ideal. If you hit print for example when z is triggered,
    the machine thinks the current position is home of all axises and starts printing form there...not good.

On the newer machine that I am currently working on, it's a whole different deal. This machine has the stop switches x and y in the left back corner (similar to Ultimaker), meaning Ymax Xmin. Z is a proximity sensor and Zmin.
    I have to mention that an earlier prototype worked good, until the day all my bed leveling issues started. So for example, when connecting the machine and running an m119, if no axis is home, it shows x max triggered. There is not
    switch on x max!! If I home y the x axis stop is no longer triggered and it's all working fine. So if I run a g29 after g28 z won't come up anymore, it goes down, every time I home all. If I send a M502, all home works again.

What am I missing?

Marlin_Eight3_grid_eep.rar

Attaching your code was helpful.... I'm not sure what you are seeing. But I would try a couple of things to debug it. First, I would get it into a state where it isn't moving properly. And then I would give it an M119 command to see what it thinks the state of the end stops is. It may be possible you have bad wiring or switches. If this fails to show anything that might be helpful, I think I would try rebuilding the firmware with a few changes. For starters, I think I would change:
    Code:
    #ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
      //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
      #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
      //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
      #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
      //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
      #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
    #endif
    to:

Code:
    #ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
      #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
      #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
      #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
      #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
      #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
      #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
    #endif
    Just to make sure everything has pull up voltage to it to eliminate noise. You won't hurt anything by doing this if nothing is connected to those pins. I would then repeat the above stuff to get the printer into a mode where it doesn't move correctly and try to give it another M119 to see what it thinks of the world.

Probably, I would try rebuilding the firmware with these changes to eliminate the suppression of moves when the printer thinks the endstops are being touched. This is kind of brute force, but if these changes make a difference, that will be confirmation we are dealing with an endstop switch stopping the movements:

Code:
    #define min_software_endstops false  // If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
    #define max_software_endstops false  // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
    #define DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS

//  #define Z_SAFE_HOMING   // This feature is meant to avoid Z homing with probe outside the bed area.

Technologist
    Thanks Roxy,
    This version of marlin was change to try to figure out what it going on.
    Usually I have the pullups uncommented.

Without the true for the software endstops i didn't have any luck, didn't move right.

I need the max endstops to be commented, I have a Y max switch.

When running an M119 it shows Xmas triggered.

I will try it again with your suggestions and let you know.

Thanks again

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast