Close

Carduino - The 3D Printable RC Car

UK-based Maker Club has a mission in mind. They want to make robots accessible and fun. With this in mind, the Maker Club team are launching an Indiegogo campaign to crowdfund their mission: 3D printed robots, powered by an Arduino chip, controlled via smartphone app. Maker Club's Carduino (car + Arduino) RC car is a perfect union of nostalgia and ingenuity. Using Maker Club's directions and components they ship, like the engine, families can 3D print the rest of the parts from open source files supplied by Maker Club and create robots right at the kitchen table. The Carduino is one of Maker Club's first four robotic models. Read more in the full article:

Below is a picture of a completed Carduino:

Student
    I am using a Da Vinci 3D printer, and I cannot print the carduino2.stl file. Carduino1.stl printed fine, but when I attempt to print #2 all of the parts disappear except for 1 piece, looks like a battery clip. I tried sending the carduino2.stl through netfabb.com, but this only makes the file into one giant plastic blob. Anyone have any experience with this, or an idea of how I can print the parts in carduino2.stl ?

i know this is an old thread, does anyone have the plans for this? I have 3D Printed the parts, but they don't ship anything to the US and their website, contact page and facebook account all ignore communications...

Is this project still going on. Where do I go to order the parts for this car.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Maker Club's Carduino (car + Arduino)
    I think it's hilarious that you felt the need to explain the name :-)