Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Staff Engineer
    Either make them cheaper or better. The acrylic vats that most of these machines use were designed for ease of manufacture (acrylic is really easy to cut with a laser) rather than durability. A glass (preferably borosilicate) vat would work better for longer, since it would be easy to clean out with alcohol (which degrades acrylic) while scratches and fingerprints wouldn't be as big an issue.

Just offering a PDMS recoating service might be a viable business idea, since it's a hassle and requires some equipment and know-how most people don't have.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Student
    Yes, I would pay for glass vats for my Form 1+ printer.

that's a good idea to sell resin trays and filaments for an online store i would need a supplier and website

That's great you want to start a online business related to 3D printing.
    Since you don't know 3D modelling, it is better for you to either sell 3d printing accessaries or 3d printing service.
    Yes, either way, you have to mess with 3D printers. You have to know them before you can actual know what the market needs.

Both you start your business, you need a business model. how much you are investing? what are you selling? what is the profit margin? how many years for ROC?
    There is many things you need to consider if this business is worth doing. I know you will find your own path. Take Care

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    Also try to see the competitors in your area. And an option would be to choose selling niche products, new products on the market, something different than what they sell.
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12