Close

I got it working!!!!!

I have just done my first extrusion with my Prusa i3. It was only 25mm of filament, and it just oozed onto the hotbed. But it showed me that everything was working properly.

Even my endstops are adjusted so that the extruder head homes on the border lines of the heatbed.

I have a little test piece that I drew with my CAD program, so tomorrow night I am going to have a go at printing my first 3D object.

I'm excited!

Old Man Emu

Finaly ^^

Normaly Makerfarm is a pretty easy kit that you can build quiet quickly and get great prints from at the start,

I also had some problems at the start, Like endstops, But those were simple me, Not putting them right ^^
    That happens if you build one non stop for 10 hours and get it finished ^^

Oh well, Nice job, I hope it will print some nice stuff now ^^
    Of course you will need to learn how it all handles etc,
    For PLA i can do aprox 60mm/s without a problem, I always do ABS a little slower aprox 45-55.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    I have just done my first extrusion with my Prusa i3. It was only 25mm of filament, and it just oozed onto the hotbed. But it showed me that everything was working properly.

Even my endstops are adjusted so that the extruder head homes on the border lines of the heatbed.

I have a little test piece that I drew with my CAD program, so tomorrow night I am going to have a go at printing my first 3D object.

I'm excited!

Old Man Emu
    How much have you had to do to get it running? adjusting endstops is necessary etc? im not up on the prusa. I sometimes feel like I lucked out. I pulled my flashforge out of the box, connected the dual head and I was printing in about 15 mins i just assumed most of them were that straight forward.

anyway, show me when you get something that resembles an object!

The machine parts fitted together well and the assembly videos were pretty good, although you had to double check that what was in the video for the 6" machine works for the 8" machine. I took it slowly and did have to remake somethings when I made a mistake. I already had some experience with hobby CNC machines, so I had a fair idea of where I was going. Adjustment of endstops was just a bit of tweeking. The only thing that held me up was plugging wires into the correct place on the RAMPS board.

I wasn't rushing to get the printer made as I had a million other jobs, projects etc to do at the time. I'm going to try to print a little test piece this weekend.

Old Man Emu