Close

3d printing accessories buisness

Hello im thinking of starting an online website selling 3d printer accessories and supplies. i would love it if you guys
    can provide suggestions like where can i find these accessories cheap to resell?
    Last edited by jefinc; 10-25-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Start with Googling the item you want to purchase using the format "[item] suppliers"

OME

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Most accessories I've needed, I made myself.

That's the issue with trying to sell things to a maker community, they usually can just make it themselves.

contact me~ i have filament factory, can offer you cheap and high quality filament

Email: daisy@magic-3d-print.com

I think it's no small task : there is no standard for anything at the moment. For instance, hard to find a nozzle that fits all existing models ... So unless you have room and funds to build a huge stock, that won't be easy. I'm not sure I'd recommend doing it either.

As for accessories, as you may have noticed there is no standard there as well : spools, beds, special systems for weird materials...

I think in the end you'd just be another layer of reseller/distributor and unless you're in a country that offers little of that already (I'd be surprised), there's no real point unless you bring something new.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    I think it's no small task : there is no standard for anything at the moment. For instance, hard to find a nozzle that fits all existing models ... So unless you have room and funds to build a huge stock, that won't be easy. I'm not sure I'd recommend doing it either.

As for accessories, as you may have noticed there is no standard there as well : spools, beds, special systems for weird materials...

I think in the end you'd just be another layer of reseller/distributor and unless you're in a country that offers little of that already (I'd be surprised), there's no real point unless you bring something new.
    Agreed. There're many online stores selling 3D printing accessaries, filament, printer, printing service, modelling already. You really need to have something that is new to everyone. If you don't, it's a tough market you' re getting yourself into. And you need to build yourself a business plan if you're coming into the market.