Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Engineer

Solidator 3D Printer - Kickstarter

The Solidator 3D Printer launched today on Kickstarter and is seeking to raise $125,000 on the crowdfunding platform. The printer has a very large print area, and uses liquid plastic and uv lighting to solidify it. The printer differs from most of the run of the mill printers out there in that it can print in extremely high detail, and it prints the items upside down, hanging from the top of the printer. Here is the link to the kickstarter projects. They are asking $4950 per printer: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...top-3d-printer

Engineer
    that is a super nice setup there. if i had 5k lying around i would go for that before a fff printer.

Man, this printer looks amazing. It's ashame that it doesn't look like it's going to get enough funding. I sure hope they go ahead with plans for this even if the funding campaign isn't a success.

Only 32 hours to go on this KS project, and they need another $15K. I'm hoping this thing gets funded.

Engineer
    me too. thats pretty nice.

Looks like they blew by their number with time to spare. I almost backed this but didn't. I think I'll wait and see how things go and get a post production unit once they are shipping.

What ever happened to this? Anyone seen one?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well when you consider what the form labs machines sell for - I guess these guiys priced themselves out of the market

Student
    Their last update was a month ago saying that they were shipping units to the US. One person in France has said they got theirs.

Engineer
    it might be more than the form labs but the big thing with it is build volume. it has a volume bigger than any other resin printer out there that i know of. of course they actually need to produce them to sell them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast