Close

Banned

Pico: All-Metal Hotend for RepRap 3D Printers

This is an all metal hotend for the reprap. What are your guys thoughts?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ap-3d-printers

A premium, fully assembled all-metal hot-end capable of 300°C printing. Available in 3mm & 1.75mm. Machined and Assembled in the USA.

Pico defines precision. A premium, fully assembled, all-metal hot-end designed with quality as a top-tier goal. We are stepping out of sub-par reliability to introduce professional level standards into the hands of all the RepRap Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) printers. Our journey began with the constant failures and shortcomings of previous hot-ends that we could no longer endure. The universal Pico offers solutions to hot-end meltdowns, leaks from the weakness of multiple components, afterthought taped thermistors, and threaded heater blocks. Our simple and sensible design allows for worry-free printing over the wide range of plastic materials up to 300° celsius.
    We take engineering seriously. Every component, feature, and material selected for Pico is purpose-built using components to meet our quality standards. The key feature is Pico’s robust backbone; a solid single body of aircraft-grade machined stainless steel structure. A single body design adds strength while reducing weight and size, making it the lightest and smallest footprint all-metal universal hot-end. This minimizes excessive components, and relieves the design from leaks at conjunction points and allows uninhibited thermal transfer in the intended areas. Additionally, Pico’s flexibility enables printers the option of selecting various leak-free nozzle sizes without the redundant purchase of another hot-end.
    After three generations of prototypes, Pico has been through a final round of Beta trials by well-known printer enthusiasts all over the world. And now, it’s time. Your support will put Pico into your hands or into the hands of others patiently waiting for a true quality all-metal hot-end. The success of Pico will be possible by manufacturing in high quantities to reduce costs. If our goal is exceeded, not only will your pledges fund the production of Pico, but also B3’s future innovations for the RepRap printing community. Our queued projects are piling up with more excitement and advances that we are eager to share. Here's how to get involved: Find a favorable reward and pledge today. B3 Innovations, LLC and the other backers are thankful for your support. Print On, Printers!

Student
    that is very nice, I thought about an idea closer to yours ... but yours is great in its appearance ... good job
    can you tell me how to use kickstarter and how it works coz I read its info/about and still don't get how I get money from it for my project??

Banned
    Not may idea. Wish it was...

Kickstarter allows you to start a project, and give rewards to your backers. It's a pretty simple way of doing it. You come up with awards, and assign dollar values to them. It's just a way to raise money.

Engineer
    that looks like a really nice hot end. prob the nicest i have seen assuming it performs like they say.

Wow, that looks amazing. Definitely getting one of these!

Definitely a sweet bit of engineering.
    Hopefully, you folks will be in full swing by the time I get a chance to finish building my Mendel i2. I wouldn't mind having one of these.