Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just received my Prusa i3 from Replikeo. $100 shipping and it arrived in 8 days. Aluminum frame is really nice... so my total was $415. Packaged well, plastic molded parts are very nice. The rods, unfortunately, were horribly machined. no bevels, just raw saw cut ends which produced sharp "lips" i did not notice until it ripped out a few ball bearings as I was assembling it.
    Just ordered a new set of rods from a U.S. company, much nicer.
    Also, don't expect to hear back from Replikeo after they got their money. Fortunately, it was an inexpensive kit, there's lots of assistance online, and all pieces are there and look good (except for the rods of course).

Student

Cool

I'm searching 3D printer kit around 500€ for a while. I found prusa i3 kit from createc3D as best option:

http://createc3d.com/shop/en/3d-prin...1_75_mm_direct

Recently I found two cheap, dual extruder, acrylic frame kits:

http://www.reprapmall.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=99

and
    https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.co...r-prusa-i3-kit

I can't decide should I go for dual extruder for my 1st build. If I do, is it good solution to buy one of these cheap acrylic kits and replace frame with steel or Alu?
    Reading this forum, I'm not sure any more should i go for prusa i3 at all...

Does anyone know any information about those 3 web shops? Is any of these recommended?
    Every suggestion is welcome.

You can get a very nice dual extruder Delta on eBay. For example, check out this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Geeetech-Kos...item419bd38573

If you bid $380.00 and don't win the auction, they will send you a 2nd Chance Offer and you can do a 'Buy it Now' for $380.

I'm revisiting the idea of a DELTA printer, and I'm currently looking at this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MICRO...386471666.html

Seller says for 30$ extra I can get a heated bed.

Also this kit has linear guide rails instead of pulleys, I guess those white wheels in pictures are pulleys? Seems like seller forgot to update the picture. Does this kit look okay? Anyone got some pointers?

We have 3 Prusa i3s with his aluminum frames and they are awesome. You can also now buy a full kit right from Josef Prusa, and it is quite reasonable. We have 3 dual nozzle printers and never use the dual extruder feature. Back in the day ('09-'10) we had plywood and acrylic printers and they did not last long. I would advise everyone to stay away from Acrylic at all costs.

Our Kossel Minis are awesome, we gain some print height over the Prusa at a small loss in build area (X-Z Axis). Both prints well with the same quality of prints. I do love watching the Delta print though!

We have linear rails on both of our Kossils (I have the cheapo Chinese ones and my son has high quality ones). I would not build one without them!

I'm going for the Micro-make kit, but I'm concerned about the lack of documentation. Seems like the only build guide are Chinese speaking videos. But these printers are similar to other deltas?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well - I'd personally buy a kit from someone in my own country.
    And for $500 you should be stuck for choice.

Not saying there's anything wrong with kits from china. It's just a bugger to sort things out if parts are missing or damaged, and language can also be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well - I'd personally buy a kit from someone in my own country.
    And for $500 you should be stuck for choice.

Not saying there's anything wrong with kits from china. It's just a bugger to sort things out if parts are missing or damaged, and language can also be an issue.
    Yes, true. But shipping from USA is costly for me as I live in Norway. And chinese sellers are good at lowering value on shipments hehe.

Since my last post above, I've had to replace a few electronic pieces as well as new rods and bearings. I'm not sure where you're buying from, but I strongly suggest going through a reputable outfit. I chose the "cheap" route buying from China and I'm paying for that mistake. I've invested about 8 hours building it, and 20 hours troubleshooting/calibrating, and I still have not had one successful print! I should have just bought a Taz5.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast