Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You will have to flash your board. It is quite simple, once you've done it, but it can be a bit daunting at first go.

Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOojWpuci_o

Although it is for the Makerfarm Prusa i3, the basics are the same for any RAMPS 1.4 Arduino board. You could download the MakerFarm RAMPS files to give you a starting point, but you will have to do some trial and error work to adapt it to your printer.

You are lucky. If you hit a brick wall, come back here with your problem and someone will be able to put you right.

Old Man Emu

First of all thank you for the answer, it seems that I have this one covered. I received the package a few days ago but I was too busy to play with it. I am also near to complete gathering of all the stuff that I need to start building my Prusa i3. Here I come with one more question.
    Yesterday I was looking my heatbead, I bought a PCB Heatbed MK2B Dual Power. Now I read that this is a 12Vand 24V Heatbead but I did not find a diagram or a how to solder the wires to it.
    This is a photo of my heatbead: mk2b-dual-power-heated-bed.jpg
    Any ideas or how to?
    Again Thanks
    Kostas

The places to solder wires to it will be on the other side. If you post a picture of the other side, we can give you rough coordinates of where the wires attach. But here is what you are going to find: There will be long, thin lines that squiggle back and forth. At the very end of those lines, there will be big solder pads for heavy wires to provide the current. There will be a big solder pad on each end of the thin, long squiggly lines.

With a price so low you wonder what the catch is. Good luck.

You shouldn't have issues between them both, they both will take the same firmware.

Student
    I´m using an Arduino Mega and RAMPS 1.4 as well. I really like the number of I/Os the Arduino board offers and the possibility to chose between different stepper drivers an RAMPS. On top of that it is quite easy to bring in a seperate power supply only for the steppers which I will use for the geared stepper motors of the new extruder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12