Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Reprap Electronics

Guys, what kind of Electronics do you prefer for your Reprap ?

Student
    I've bought and tried the RAMPS 1.4 and Arduino Mega 2560 for my SimpleBot and it works fine.
    actually these are the only electronics available here in my country

I started with an early version, don't remember exactly which, maybe gen 4. I bartered for it quite a long time ago. Then I had a Sanguinololu, I do not recommend that set, it has very minimal ability to expand. I am now using RAMPS, my only complaint is how easy it is to disconnect the stepper wires. It has a fair amount of expandability.

My next set will be from www.reprapworld.com , the megatronics. It has as much expandability as is currently available(to my knowledge), and is virtually the same price as Sanguine, or RAMPS. The only draw back is waiting for arrival, for quality, I will wait.

We have used the RAMPS and Rambo, both work very well.

Engineer
    my makergear m2 uses the rambo board. not that i am an authority on controller boards at all but seems like a really solid piece. ultimachine is constantly upgrading and improving it. it just went through another revision.

I am a big fan of the Rambo board. I don't currently have a RepRap, but that's what I had in mine back in the day

I had an Arduino Mega sitting on the shelf, so I started with that, then added the RAMPS 1.4.

I picked the RAMPS because I like the layout and the fact that I could pick the stepper drivers that I wanted, and it has enough I/O pins to add on all kinds of bells and whistles.

My only complaint, and this goes for many Arduino shields, is that the edge of the board sits right on the Mega's power and USB risers.
    I ended up getting some stackable headers and raising the entire RAMPS by a half inch. In the long run, I think it will also help keep air circulating between the boarrds a little easier.

Same here, already had an Arduino Mega clone so I went with a RAMPS. Otherwise I would have etched my own Gen7 board.

Hello World
    I am now building my first 3d printer, a Prusa i3 and I have a crazy amount of questions especially for electronicks since I am as newbie as I can get. Now long story short I am thinking on buying this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mega-...609524519.html , any Objections ? . From what I read so far this should fit nice but my secondary question is if the fact that it is not an Arduino but a Funduino or whatever makes any actual difference?
    Thanks in advance

Technologist
    Wow! That is a really low price for what you are getting. Have fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast