Close

Gold-Plated Stainless Steel Alligator Skull - $70.00

This is a caiman alligator skull created using 3D printing technology and CT scan radiology. This sculpture is a replica of the skull created from a CT scan. The scan was then edited using 3D modeling software and then printed in stainless steel and gold plated. The model measures is 2 1/4 inches long (57mm). A chain or cord easily passes through the natural cavities in the skull, making it an ideal way to wear as a necklace
    gold plated alligator on cord back large.jpggold plated alligator on cord1.jpg

Wow, awesome detail on this. I wish I had a printer which could output in metal!

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Very cool. Do you know how fast the gold plating wears off? Because I have been told by a few jewelry designers that it does wear off.

Someone should create a printable Blue whale skull, it's my favorite

Engineer
    I don't really see plating wearing off, if done correctly, unless the object is handled a ton or has a lot fo friction against it. Wearing it as a necklace every now and then, it should last years, maybe longer in my opinion, and experience dealing with plating.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    If Steve Irwin were still alive, He'd be wearing one

Banned
    is this 14 karat gold plating? Just curious....

Banned
    Any other model of that?

Amazing, what type of software was used to model this? 3ds Max, Maya, Zbrush?