Close

When will the Replicator 3 be announced?

Anyone have any idea what MakerBot is planning to do with their next 3D Printer? I had hoped to hear something about the Replicator 3 by now.

My guess is that we will see something from them sometime in 2014. Perhaps a whole new line of printer as well, other than the Replicator line.

Do we even know if there will be a Replicator 3? I could seem them totally changing the names around to be honest...

My guess is that we will hear something from Makerbot by mid 2014, but probably won't see it released until late 2014 or early 2015. Again, this is only a guess, and your guess is as good as mine.

Evan

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie101 View Post
    Anyone have any idea what MakerBot is planning to do with their next 3D Printer? I had hoped to hear something about the Replicator 3 by now.
    Following along the same lines as the Dot Matrix Era, to Bubble, Ink and laser printers the next step would most likely be a standard 3 colour head, which some are already doing. I really don't want a tri-colour head anyway, as I want something that blends colours together - like an extruder blender. You feed say, Red and blue filament into it and get purple prints . I've tried, its not so simple :/