Close

Best PVA I have ever bought

I love printing with PVA but quality has been inconsistent when I purchased it.. Good batch here, bad batch there, and ultimately I order from different sources all the time... Amazon.com started selling this MAXX filament and I haven't tested there color filament but their PVA is letting me build really large architectural prints with my FDM printer. Love it!!! Check it out if your a PVA freak like me.

-real3dguy

Engineer
    Have you ever tried to print ABS and PLA as support, then soak into hot water to remove the PLA easier?
    My 2 nozzle setup is coming next week, and I was wondering about the support material if I should get PVA or just use PLA.

Engineer
    That sure is some expensive filament. I am getting my Dual extruder tomorrow, and was hoping to use a material like this for support area's. Maybe later I will get to try that

Staff Engineer
    I've heard of using PLA as support, but you have to soak it in a solution of lye to soften it. Lye is corrosive, and it's hard to get because it's used for making methamphetamine. I'd stick to PVA, which dissolves in water.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com