Close

Arburg Freeformer 3D Printer

Arburg has begun taking orders for its Freeformer, initially available in Germany. In 2015, the Freeformer 3D printing machine will become available for sale across Europe, the US, and Asia. With its customization and small-batch capabilities, the Freeformer opens up options to manufacturers. The system is based on a proprietary nozzle that applies granules drop-by-drop to print components based on CAD designs, not using a mold. For more information, check out this article: http://3dprint.com/19530/freeformer-available-to-order/
    Below is a picture of the Freeformer:

The technology looks really cool, it seems as though prints would be equally strong along all axis. I wonder how this printer would handle overhangs?... EDIT: Apparently, no support structures are needed a lot of the time (according to the brochure which I've now actually properly looked at... XD)

Also I found a brochure on their site
    Last edited by James___UK; 10-16-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Student
    Add cdeschrun on Google+
    I was just sent the brochure for this system for evaluation. Is there any word on how these animals have been performing since their release to the wild in October? How do they compare to Repraps?