Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep those nozzles you have are standard. The bore on mine and the hexagonal bit and the thread length are all larger.
    hence my problem :-)

I can pay about £15 for one from the states. And that's probably what i'll have to do. Or see if dave can drill out the main shaft to fit my teflon tube, in which case I can probably just buy cheap ones.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-21-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Senior Engineer
    Good drawings of the ins and outs from Google groups.

The first is (I think) what you want. The second is similar to what I now have but my PTFE tube stops about 20 mm up. My original heat tubes had no PTFE and had no thread at the top. I made my heat tubes from 6mm stainless threaded bar so I had threads all the way up instead of it being plain where it went into the aluminium mount so I now have nuts top and bottom like picture 3.

Simple hotend.jpgSimple hotend2.jpgHB_TB_003.jpg
    Last edited by Mjolinor; 10-21-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I don't think there is enough "meat" there in the brass to drill out to 4mm to fit the PTFE tube. That's why the FF nozzle has bigger M7 threads.

Monoprice had the nozzles for a good price but I think they are out of stock for another week or so.

Senior Engineer
    Is the PTFE not 3 OD and 2 ID?

Super Moderator
    It is 4mm x 2mm

Senior Engineer
    That's a weird size. I think that given the way these seem to be so non standard I would chuck the lot and use standard stuff.

Super Moderator
    It's one of this is what it is things. Maybe in the future they will, but it requires production line changes and new parts to be developed and tested. You can't just throw new parts into the old design.

well to be fair they don't wear out that often. And given the number of machines of this design around you'd think they'd be a standard stock item.

I'll try the right nozzle again with known filament. If it works I'll just use it till they're both worn down to the same level :-)
    Just make sit tricky for dual colour stuff and I'd like to do some of that.

Might have a play with the levelling screws as well.

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well to be fair they don't wear out that often. And given the number of machines of this design around you'd think they'd be a standard stock item.

I'll try the right nozzle again with known filament. If it works I'll just use it till they're both worn down to the same level :-)
    Just make sit tricky for dual colour stuff and I'd like to do some of that.

Might have a play with the levelling screws as well.
    ive been following this thread with interest as I have the same problem. My left extruder is higher so to get close enough to the bed for the filament to lay down means my right side is dragging across the print. A big mess. Mine came that way though. I am going to contact the flash forge guy and see what he says. I'll let you know if it's anything helpful.

They they have a picture of the new nozzle contrasted with the old one:

http://www.flashforge-usa.com/shop/p...es/nozzle.html

Wish they still had the front screw adjustment like with the older one. I'm nervous to try taking anything apart. Keep us updated on whatever you try. ��
    Last edited by Serena; 10-23-2014 at 10:42 PM.

I'#ve got the front screw adjustment. But I looked at the tube and couldn't see anyway it could go any higher.
    Next time I get the time, I'll have it to bits again and try wiggling.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234