Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Things you have printed with your MakerBot 3D Printer

I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys and gals have printed using your MakerBot printers. Let's show them off!

Eddie

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    WP_20140113_002.jpg
    I made this with the help of a friend I met on Steam.

I plan to sell a few of these on eBay in the months to come. Each one takes around 10 hours to make, and I plan to put them up starting at $50/ea.

I was going to sell them at Bronycon 2014 but I've been contacted by one of the organizers of the con saying I can't sell things out of my backpack. I would need to apply for a booth, that I can no longer get because all the slots are filled.

Student
    Unfortunately my prints recently have been tragically funny. My makerbot drifts off on a diagonal as it goes up each layer, so little strings just sag off the edge and sides. This is the MakerBot stretchy
    bracelet, for example:
    Stretch bracelet.jpg
    My other designs are too sad to even post, since you don't know what they're supposed to be in the first place. It's like telling a kid they drew a nice picture and trying to compliment it without being able to guess what it's supposed to be.

Printed some sweet Minecraft themed swords today.

Technologist
    Follow MediaSupply3D On Twitter Add MediaSupply3D on Facebook Add MediaSupply3D on Google+
    We scanned this sea shell with our MakerBot Digitizer and printed it on the Replicator 5th Gen. Turned out pretty well!

20140822_112004.jpg

1. strretch bracelet bracelet-stretch.jpg
    2. eyelet bracelet bracelet-eyelet.jpg
    3. Arabic Alphabet set.

Student
    GettysburgAddress-Tall.jpgGettysburgAddress-Build.jpg

Here you go, Eddie: Lincoln's Gettysburg Address done as a word spiral, both the model and the build.
    Cheers, Scott

Student
    I have done a few pieces (about 500 or so) all in 1/4 inch scale for use in model railroading. I use Cubify Invent (great software) to do the design work. Love my MakerBot 2. Russ

s_19765323.jpg s_99329360.jpg s_61341797.jpg

s_19570194.jpg s_93740207.jpg

Some more of our prints:
    1. Carabiner carabiner-sm.jpg
    2. Tablet stand: nexus7stand-sm.jpg
    3. Tablet stand(big): note10(1)stand-2-sm.jpg

There are other items we are printing for our shop online.

Student
    stackable spool holder for my 1kg spools which are too large for the Replicator 2X backside holders
    useful as I don't like the spools in the back of the printer where it gets quite hot and hard to reach for quick switching of spools

skateboard ball bearings and 8mm aluminium axle does the job

or I could just stick a pen through the cardboard box of the spool to achive the same result... but that's boring
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast