Close

Student

Question Anywhere that someone looking to get a Part Printed can seek someone w a Printer?

Hello all,

This is my first post here, don't hang me from the yardarm. I have been very interested in the Rapid prototype Industry for a few years. I have an Invention Concept that cannot go further without a prototype. Unfortunately, you can Google yourself to death and still only find places that only have small build area machines OR giant Corporations that charge you their yearly lease payment on their printer - just for one part. I have build sizes with an envelope of around 16" x 16" x 4" up to 24" x 24" x 4". Where do I look for a win-win of someone starting out or small, but with a larger printer, and strike a price that is reasonable for both parties?

Any pointers are appreciated and hello all!!!!

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

I have offered to help people with their ideas on here before. Nobody responded. You can PM me.

There was a new vendor at Maker Faire NY this year called Kraftwurx (www.kraftwurx.com) that hooks up people who need something with printers. Might be worth a look?

disclaimer, I am in no way affiliated with these people, I just saw them at the show.