Close

3D Printed Andrew Carnegie Mansion

3DSystems recently created scanned the enormous Andrew Carnegie Mansion, home to the Cooper Hewitt Museum and produced a 3D-printed model, which they donated to the museum. Files for the download are available to the public, and they encourage individuals to enjoy the 3D files for a host of fun activities like virtual touring, learning about the architecture, designing games, and even planning exhibits. More details on the model can be found here: http://3dprint.com/18728/carnegie-ma...3d-print-scan/

Below is a picture of the Carnegie mansion 3D printer. What do you think?

Student
    Add corben33 on Thingiverse

So cool!

So cool! I was just looking for something architectural to print and show my students and I think this just might be it! Can't wait to try it out!

Looks awesome. I guess I will print it. But I have a question. Have they made something similar since 2014? Right now I'm looking for a very specific schematic. I guess, if I won't find it, I'll just make it on my own. I was in Manhattan last year and there were mansions for rent. I rented one of it and I just loved it. It was the best week in my life. I met my future wife there. And now I want to make a copy of that mansion. The chance that there are schematics for it is too low, but I hope that it actually exists.
    Last edited by VoodooBoy; 09-07-2020 at 02:26 AM.