Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add Marm on Thingiverse
    DavidLaserScanner (www.david-3d.com) is a free 3d scanning package (they have pro versions), but with a webcam, a laser pointer, and a paper printed background, you can scan pretty much anything you want. The basic software is free, so it's a low low cost alternative to a pro level scanner. For what you're talking about, It's probably what you want. I haven't played around with it enough yet to get the raw data from DLS into an editable format, yet, so I don't know how tricky that is or what type of data you'll get. But at least you'll have a 3d model to start with of what you're trying to replicate, at the very least you should be able to take measurements from it to create a new object.

I know it accepts USB commands from an outside source, so once I get used to using the software, I'm going to whip up an arduino controlled laser and turntable so I can do fully automated 360' scans.

Engineer-in-Training
    If the end product is supposed to work, then you'll want brass inserts for the knobs, and real belts for the belts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12