Close

Technician

Pellet Extruder has arrived - Well the Parts have.

Bought the Filastruder from the US and it finally arrived today plus a Kg of Pellets. Interested in anyone else who may have an extruder.

photo.jpg
    I will post more photos as it begins to take shape :-)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so what sort of price did it end up - with postage, tax etc.

Interested to see what sort of consistency you get with the filament as well

Technician
    Around $400, wanting to see what plastics I can put through a shredder like drink bottles, milk containers etc, I read while over in Taiwan about a guy that had setup a 3D Printer on the back of a scooter, he would go around to all the business's asking if they needed anything printer, then he would collect all the plastic thrown in bins and extrude and print using 100% recycled materials.

Follow wpilgrim On Twitter Add wpilgrim on Facebook Add wpilgrim on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

Interested to see what sort of consistency you get with the filament as well
    Same, I was at one point highly considering one of these, but I found some great filament suppliers that were also fairly cheap and decided it wasn't worth the hastle. I would however like to be able to recycle some plastic, and even experiement with other things.

Please do let us know how it turns out, What is the primary material you will be extruding?