Close

Banned

Makerbot Opens Another Store, This Time in Boston

The Makerbot store in Manhattan is a huge tourist attraction in itself, and generates so much walk in traffic that Stratasys, Makerbot's parent company has decided to open a similar store in the city of Boston. The store will also start offering a 3D Printing service as well sometime in December.

Seems like these stores are great ways to spread the concept of 3D Printing into the mainstream.

More details:
    http://www.3ders.org//articles/20131...in-boston.html

They are on a mission. I think they will probably continue to open more and more stores until they have one in just about every major US city. By the time they do this, the rest of the world will be trying to play catchup.

I've heard many people say that it is way too early for them to be launching all these stores. However, it's better to be too early than too late, in an industry like this.

Student
    I am planning to do that for the past half a year.
    In June I am starting somewhere in Europe. 3d printing stores are awesome. I suggest you to look into it. At least get some ideas going.

Engineer
    Thought I would update this. Makerbot has also just opened a store in Greenwich Conn. Seems like this is a trend of expansion. Maybe we will see a Makerbot store just as frequently as an apple store pretty soon, who knows!?!?

I'm pretty sure the Greenwich store announcement came at the same time as the Boston one. The opening was just a little late. I'd love to see them move some stores out to the West Coast and down to the southern states. I would think these would do awesome in California.

Technician
    I wonder how much money they are losing each day with these stores.