Close

Thread: WPT 3D Printer

WPT 3D Printer

Yet another 3D printer has made its way onto a crowdfunding site. This printer called the WPT 3D Printer is created by a man named Willian Guey, and his company Inovawt, and has launched on Indiegogo, trying to raise $60,000. The printer actually has some pretty good specs for it's starting price of only $499.

• Build Envelope: 250mm X 250mm X 300mm
    • Printer Speed: Up to 400mm/sec
    • Min Layer Height: 45 microns
    • Later Resolution: Between 100 and 300 micron layer resolution
    • Positioning Accuracy: 15 micron X and Y
    • Filament Type/Size: PLA, ABS, Nylon, 1.75mm

More details on this machine can be found here: http://3dprint.com/17089/wpt-3d-printer/ and a picture of a prototype of the WPT printer can be found below:

Engineer
    Well my comments:
    500$ for printer with pretty much everything? It seems to be too low. Where is the quality control? Is it going to be another makibox's brother?

There is also too much self bragging about their product.
    They do advertise some irrevelant spec. such as
    -Position accuracy,which means nothing. At the end of the day, the error due to shrinking is so huge that bragging about positioning has no meaning.
    -Speed of 400mm/s (Irony faster than delta), again depending on the targeted audiance, if they don't care about horrible artifacts, no details.

Engineer-in-Training
    Also the cantilever bed looks a bit flimsy on those thin Z rods; there is probably going to be lots of Z shifting as the head moves farther in the Y.

Hi Iam William Guey the CEO of Inovawt and creater of this 3D printer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Ug...ature=youtu.be This is the New video for my Indiegogo you can also check out https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/w...yone/x/8040994

Staff Engineer
    Three month delivery, no timeline, no business plan, no manufacturing partner, promising larger-than-standard heated bed for lower-than-cost price. By now people have been burned by this formula enough, so I doubt it will really go anywhere.

Oh, Flex Funding, never mind. He gets the money anyway.

EDIT: This guy has five projects, three in progress. All with big promises, low prices and flex funding. Two are passed their delivery date with zero updates and all comments hidden. I'm not going to make accusations, but you can draw your own conclusions from the facts.
    Last edited by Feign; 10-01-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: I did some research.

Engineer
    Again, you show your lack of professionalism, William. You keep avoiding the question by linking useless information, it will only backfire at you.

Oh and thanks Feign, I didn't realize he got 5 campaign until you mentioned it.

Well sorry alot guy ,
    My English is so bad

Well i dont now what i do to you guys to say so much bad things about me or my 3d printer , so i well TRY to explain to you with my bad Inglish
    Well i got a manufacturing partner with a 16 person team , we already sold alot at Brasil because of low price, i don't now what can i say about my spec , because you need to now is (UP) to 400mm/s it works prety good with small and easy printing ,normally i use 300mm/s speed , about low price , you now that my price isnt the cheapest , like craftbot is cheaper and they have better specs, but you now what is in a printer , 4 motors a great extruder a Motherbourd , the body fix, heated bed ,all the mechanic and design , and the manufacturing all this cost about 250 dollars ,100 hundred for delivery and i only left like 50 dollar........., the quality control? well only thing that i can do is that hope you can trust me , i am trying to do different models of printer to lower even more my price (or make more light to lower the shipment) , i dont even now that can hide the comment , but I am trying to update every week my campaign

thanks a lot to take your time to comment about my printer ,this really means to me because i can find my error and fix tham

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Well sorry alot guy ,
    My English is so bad

Well i dont now what i do to you guys to say so much bad things about me or my 3d printer , so i well TRY to explain to you with my bad Inglish
    Well i got a manufacturing partner with a 16 person team , we already sold alot at Brasil because of low price, i don't now what can i say about my spec , because you need to now is (UP) to 400mm/s it works prety good with small and easy printing ,normally i use 300mm/s speed , about low price , you now that my price isnt the cheapest , like craftbot is cheaper and they have better specs, but you now what is in a printer , 4 motors a great extruder a Motherbourd , the body fix, heated bed ,all the mechanic and design , and the manufacturing all this cost about 250 dollars ,100 hundred for delivery and i only left like 50 dollar........., the quality control? well only thing that i can do is that hope you can trust me , i am trying to do different models of printer to lower even more my price (or make more light to lower the shipment) , i dont even now that can hide the comment , but I am trying to update every week my campaign

thanks a lot to take your time to comment about my printer ,this really means to me because i can find my error and fix tham
    It's all about consumer protection and safety.
    I think it is quite obvious if we're going to deal with someone's else money then it is a serious busisness.
    If you could spent your 10 minutes writting your post, then you could spend that same ammount of time explaining more on your campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    It's all about consumer protection and safety.
    I think it is quite obvious if we're going to deal with someone's else money then it is a serious busisness.
    If you could spent your 10 minutes writting your post, then you could spend that same ammount of time explaining more on your campaign.
    I'm not sure if you're all aware, but he is a 15-year-old Middle School student who is just trying to build a cheaper printer for everyone to have fair access. Here's an article I found (you can easily just use the Translator on Google Chrome to read it in English): https://queminova.catracalivre.com.b...mpressoras-3d/

Quote Originally Posted by richardfeng View Post
    I'm not sure if you're all aware, but he is a 15-year-old Middle School student who is just trying to build a cheaper printer for everyone to have fair access. Here's an article I found (you can easily just use the Translator on Google Chrome to read it in English): https://queminova.catracalivre.com.b...mpressoras-3d/
    Good intentions can't make up for poor business acumen. Agreed, it gives some solace when things turn south. Your call.