Close

Bukobot 8. Anybody have one?

Does anyone have one? How has it been? Once dialed in... does it print consistently?

Thanks,
    Michael

I see you are still trying to decide. I have looked at this printer, it is average quality, higher quality than a Printerbot, most likely quite high enough quality for you. I can see no reason not to get this printer if it is the one you favor. It has it's weaknesses, then they all do, you can over come those as you wish, when you wish.
    One thing I really don't like to see is Kapton tape on a hot end, it shows poor craftsmanship, and potential reliability problems, imo. Another is I REALLY like to have aluminum joints, now I'm getting picky, this is really not needed, it is just to make it bullet proof. Even the MendalMax2 has problems in the area of not having as many all metal parts as I would like to see. Then I am the kind of person that wants to be able to drop these things from 10 stories and they still work. Just me. So good luck with you mission.

Thanks Vanguard

I'm also wondering about ABS and nylon. Would enclosing the printer improve the results?

I do not see enclosure as much help for nylon and ABS. It will help keep fumes down. You might want to use an exhaust duct if you are going to be using this in a public space.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 11-23-2013 at 11:40 AM.

It's my understanding that it also keeps the temp up to allow the abs to cool more slowly and thus with less cracks.