Close

Student

Desperately Seeking Help!

Hello all! I am new to this forum, and new to the 3D printing field. I recently WON my SeeMeCNC Orion Desktop Printer at the local Library raffle. So far, I have been able to print the 2 objects that the printer's SD card already had saved to it, but NOTHING else. I have downloaded things from Thingverse, I've created simple text in TinkerCad, used Slic3r, Repetier-Host for Mac AND PC, and MatterControl (which keeps closing unexpectedly on both mac and pc.) Nothing is working for me, no matter what I do. I am getting SO frustrated and am on the verge of giving up and selling it. So far, I haven't found any information that tells me what the different settings are for, or any tutorials that are of use.

Can anyone point me to some great tutorials that will actually teach me about the machine's settings? I really don't know what I am doing but I'm desperate to learn! I'm a graphic artist, and I just KNOW that 3d printing is perfect for me if I could just figure it out! Any help that anyone can give me would be most appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance,
    AMiles

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    The SeeMeCNC is an excellent machine. SeeMeCNC has plenty of Youtube videos and an excellent user forum. The good news is your printer is working and now all you have to do is tell it what to print.

Download an item from Thingiverse. Load it into Repetier-Host, Slice it with Slic3r, and upload that file to your SD Card.

SeeMeCNC has the manual on thier site,a nd you can defintiely follow that for your first new print. Then, as you learn what the settings are for, you can get faster and better prints.