It has just occurred to me that even though the New Matter team has been sending out weekly updates to backers, the forum here has gone a bit quiet. After a little bit of consideration, I figured I would make this thread to share relevant snippets from the update e-mails when they come (and they come exactly on-schedule each Wednesday). The past few updates have been a bit dry, the first paint test for consideration on the line, and a nice little extra that each backer who bought a printer will also be getting a New Matter t-shirt. Little stuff like that.

The latest update has a juicy bit worth sharing:
Quote Originally Posted by New Matter
MANUFACTURING UPDATE:

“We’re currently refining the design with regards to manufacturability” Rob said. In other words, “The architecture is changing for the better. We’re heading towards high-volume manufacturing, ultimately leading to a higher quality machine.” Fewer parts that move more efficiently? Sounds like a win-win-win.

BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT:

Our newest prototype was born this week! She’s happily whirring along and already out-printing her parents. [filler image] We'll be sending pictures of the printer in next week's update.
I'm a bit excited to see this semi-final "manufacturability prototype" and how close it is to the initial prototypes shown in the campaign video.