Close

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by inventabuild View Post
    Awesome, thank you. And just so I don't mess it up, when you say drop those saved files on top, do you mean copy the text in my files and paste it over the text in the respective tabs of the Beckham version of Marlin?
    Well... A lot of people say "Drag and Drop" when using a Graphical User Interface. (Obviously you figured it out!) So, yes... Drag those files to the directory where the rest of the Marlin source files are, and drop them there. They will step on and replace what ever was there.

Hi Roxy, G29 n 2 T does not work for AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID. Marline still probes 9 points. Shouldn't I be able to just probe 4 points (for example the 4 corners) with G29 n 2 T.

Hi Roxy, G29 n 2 T does not work for AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID. Marline still probes 9 points. Shouldn't I be able to just probe 4 points (for example the 4 corners) with G29 n 2 T.
    I thought you wanted to get the 3-point leveling going? You don't get to pick the number of probe points in that version. And the quickest way to get you going was to comment out this code:

Code:
    /*
        if ( code_seen('n') || code_seen('U') || code_seen('u') ) {
            n_points = code_value();
            if (n_points<2 || n_points>AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS ) {

SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM("?Number of probed points not plausable.\n");
                break;
            }
        }
    */
    If you want to switch back to grid based leveling, then you will need to uncomment that code.

Very cool, thank you. I'm currently printing with 3 point leveling and printing parts to set up my printer to go with 4 point leveling; hence the reason I need both...for the time being anyway.

Roxy, 3 point auto bed leveling is not working. After having so many issues with trying to get a good first layer I finally ran a large rectangular calibration print and found that the z-axis rods are not raising and lowering to compensate for differences in height from one side of the bed to the other.

I run G28 followed by G29 and the probe homes then taps the bed at the 3 points I designated, but there is no auto bed leveling compensation occurring as the hot end travels around the bed. Please help.

I only used the 3-Point leveling when it first came out. It was quickly replaced with the Grid based leveling. 3-Point did help, but depending upon where you put the sample points, you could still end up with huge sections of your bed where the height was wrong. My suggestion would be to take the un-altered marlin_main.cpp from the BeckDac release and replace what you currently have. And if you want, you can try it with a 2x2 grid. Depending upon how good the mechanics of your machine are, that might be enough points. I usually use 4x4 but 3x3 works OK on my printer.

OK, thanks Roxy, Grid based leveling is working.

With Grid Based Leveling does Marlin use the first homing point (found w/ G28) as one of its points in the plane that it generates with the least squares fit method?

With Grid Based Leveling does Marlin use the first homing point (found w/ G28) as one of its points in the plane that it generates with the least squares fit method?
    No. That is a separate command and the G29 does not have access to that information. Perhaps in the future we can optimize that. But right now, it is not included in the G29 calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    No. That is a separate command and the G29 does not have access to that information. Perhaps in the future we can optimize that. But right now, it is not included in the G29 calculations.
    OK, thanks. It turns out I'm glad it does not include that information for the way I am currently implementing auto bed leveling so if it is included in a future version perhaps there could be a way to turn it on (include) or off (not include).

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast