Close

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

i3v12-RUMBA-ABL

Configuration.h

Here is my configuration.h file for a MakerFarm i3V12-RUMBA-ABL. No change to RUMBA.pins was necessary. I just finished this, but the test prints came out nicely. I started with AbuMaia's RC7 configuration.h file and my old configuration.h file in Meld on an Ubuntu box. I have a Windows 10 box right beside it, so my choice of tools was clearly a choice.
    Last edited by systemslave; 09-16-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    I tried to load the RC7 but am getting an error in the compile. See below...

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
    In file included from MarlinConfig.h:37:0,
    from Marlin.h:36,
    from blinkm.cpp:28:
    Configuration.h:504: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression
    #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 29.5 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:85:24: note: in definition of macro 'max'
    #define max(a,b) ((a)>(b)?(a)b))
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:721:53: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MIN_PROBE_X (max(X_MIN_POS, X_MIN_POS + X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:510:37: note: in expansion of macro 'MIN_PROBE_X'
    #if LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION < MIN_PROBE_X
    ^
    #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 29.5 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:85:32: note: in definition of macro 'max'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:721:53: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MIN_PROBE_X (max(X_MIN_POS, X_MIN_POS + X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    ^
    Configuration.h:637: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression
    #define X_MAX_POS 306.5
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:20: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    #define min(a,b) ((a)<(b)?(a)b))
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:30: note: in expansion of macro 'X_MAX_POS'
    #define MAX_PROBE_X (min(X_MAX_POS, X_MAX_POS + X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:512:40: note: in expansion of macro 'MAX_PROBE_X'
    #elif RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION > MAX_PROBE_X
    ^
    #define X_MAX_POS 306.5
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:24: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:41: note: in expansion of macro 'X_MAX_POS'
    ^
    ^
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:24: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:53: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    ^
    ^
    #define X_MAX_POS 306.5
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:28: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:30: note: in expansion of macro 'X_MAX_POS'
    ^
    ^
    #define X_MAX_POS 306.5
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:32: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:41: note: in expansion of macro 'X_MAX_POS'
    ^
    ^
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:32: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:53: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    ^
    ^
    In file included from MarlinConfig.h:39:0,
    SanityCheck.h:513: error: #error "The given RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION can't be reached by the Z probe."
    #error "The given RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION can't be reached by the Z probe."
    ^
    In file included from MarlinConfig.h:37:0,
    Configuration.h:505: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.3 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:85:24: note: in definition of macro 'max'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:723:53: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MIN_PROBE_Y (max(Y_MIN_POS, Y_MIN_POS + Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:514:40: note: in expansion of macro 'MIN_PROBE_Y'
    #elif FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION < MIN_PROBE_Y
    ^
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.3 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:85:32: note: in definition of macro 'max'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:723:53: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MIN_PROBE_Y (max(Y_MIN_POS, Y_MIN_POS + Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:514:40: note: in expansion of macro 'MIN_PROBE_Y'
    #elif FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION < MIN_PROBE_Y
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:724:53: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MAX_PROBE_Y (min(Y_MAX_POS, Y_MAX_POS + Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:516:39: note: in expansion of macro 'MAX_PROBE_Y'
    #elif BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION > MAX_PROBE_Y
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:724:53: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MAX_PROBE_Y (min(Y_MAX_POS, Y_MAX_POS + Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:516:39: note: in expansion of macro 'MAX_PROBE_Y'
    #elif BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION > MAX_PROBE_Y
    ^
    floating constant in preprocessor expression

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.

Engineer
    ^

That may tell us something. Will your X Probe Offset cause the nozzle to go out of the print bed area on the X axis?

On my printer, My X Probe Offset is 40, so my Min Probe X is 50 to keep the nozzle over the print bed.

edit: I see I shouldn't have edited this post. My first suggestion was to drop the decimal points on X and Y offset to see what happened.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 09-17-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I tried to load the RC7 but am getting an error in the compile. See below...
    There are only a few places where a floating point number is allowed on a #define. For example, #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 3.4 can have a decimal point and extra precision. But even X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER and Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER need to be integers without a decimal point. The same is true of X_MAX_POS and Y_MIN_POS. The reason is the C++ preprocessor can't handle floating point numbers and if you put them into the Configuration.h it will blow up the preprocessor.

Technician
    Check your ABL probe positions, and make sure that your values will work within the parameters of your X/Y probe offset values. For example, your X probe offset from extruder looks to be 29.5, so your LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION should be > 29.5 or the probe will not be able to reach the indicated position (which would be on the other side of your Xmin endstop). Also, your Y probe is -1.3 so your BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION should be less than your YMAX - 1.3.

These are my settings as an example (and to show you the values of which I am referring):

#if ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID)
    #define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 30
    #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 260
    #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 0
    #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 260

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 28 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -20 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -4.14 // Z offset: -below +above [the nozzle]

Engineer-in-Training
    I will check. I just copied the old values right into the new firmware since none of the physical printer changed.

Did the firmware change how this is calculated? When I look at the printer my probe is on a foot that rotates down on the left side of the nozzle. I am using clough's design forn the probe.

Engineer-in-Training
    I did try to compile without the decimal points and it still did not work.

Engineer-in-Training
    I don't understand. How can you have offsets without a decimal point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    There are only a few places where a floating point number is allowed on a #define. For example, #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 3.4 can have a decimal point and extra precision. But even X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER and Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER need to be integers without a decimal point. The same is true of X_MAX_POS and Y_MIN_POS. The reason is the C++ preprocessor can't handle floating point numbers and if you put them into the Configuration.h it will blow up the preprocessor.

Engineer-in-Training
    My left probe is 50. It is greater than 29.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustmann View Post
    Check your ABL probe positions, and make sure that your values will work within the parameters of your X/Y probe offset values. For example, your X probe offset from extruder looks to be 29.5, so your LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION should be > 29.5 or the probe will not be able to reach the indicated position (which would be on the other side of your Xmin endstop). Also, your Y probe is -1.3 so your BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION should be less than your YMAX - 1.3.These are my settings as an example (and to show you the values of which I am referring):#if ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID) #define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 30 #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 260 #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 0 #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 260#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 28 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -20 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -4.14 // Z offset: -below +above [the nozzle]

Engineer-in-Training
    Here is my config file if you want to take a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast