Close

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I don't understand. How can you have offsets without a decimal point?
    Your X and Y offsets should be rounded up to the nearest MM. The Z offset can have a decimal, as it needs more precision.

Engineer-in-Training
    Got rid of the decimal points in the X/Y probe offsets. It compiled. Have some servo jitters that weren't there before the new code.
    Last edited by tsteever; 09-17-2016 at 07:36 PM.

Technician
    Looks like you forgot to uncomment line 1300

//#define DEACTIVATE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dustmann View Post
    Looks like you forgot to uncomment line 1300//#define DEACTIVATE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE
    Thanks! I went and made that change! I should have read the code a bit better. That is a neat addition.

Engineer-in-Training
    So, when I just do a g28, the nozzle height looks good. When I do a g29, the nozzle crashes into the bed. The two give me completely different heights.

Also, what do I need to change to get the encoder to not flip 2 values when turning the knob. For example, it jumps by 2 instead of one.
    Last edited by tsteever; 09-18-2016 at 03:41 AM.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    what do I need to change to get the encoder to not flip 2 values when turning the knob. For example, it jumps by 2 instead of one.
    Search your configuration.h file for "Encoder Settings". It should be around line 1012. You want the "pulses per step" option I think.

Here is our RC6bugfix. MakerFarm i38" RAMPS 1.4 Itty Bitty dual flex E3D 3mm servo ABL.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician
    Are you setting your Z offset with the bed heated? I always set Z offset with the bed heated, and after running a G29 command, so that the offset accounts for the bed mapping stored by G29. Also, it is important to have the bed heated to printing temperature because of the expansion that occurs. I have noticed my bed is significantly higher (and hotter) under the "Mak" in makerfarm. I suspect this hot spot, along with imperfectly shaped glass and a bed that hasn't been leveled in 6 months (in my case), throws off the offset values before/after temperature, which isn't a problem after compensating with ABL.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yes, I am heating the bed. With the old firmware I would adjust the offset in the menu system and then put that number in the firmware. This saved a few extra steps. The issue I am having is the homing command and the bed leveling command are giving me two different nozzle heights.

Engineer
    Be careful with the Z probe offset. I have my capacitive proximity probe above the nozzle, so I thought the offset would be a positive number, for above the nozzle. It's not. It triggers below the nozzle, so my offset has to be negative.

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast