Close

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    I think the whole EEPROM thing is too much of a trouble-maker to be useful, IMO.
    Agreed. I'm using it now just because I did that 'Save G29 Correction Matrix to EEPROM'. And maybe I would see it differently if I had an LCD Panel. But I'm having a hard time getting any value from the EEPROM. Conversely, I see it mess up lots of people that are trying to get Auto Bed Leveling running.

Maybe someone needs to write some eeprom read/write code for abl if eeprom is enabled.

Even if it is just a command that will spit out the eeprom values when abl is enabled would probably be a big help so that you can compare firmware and eeprom values so that it would make diagnosing the issue immediate.

Or if the abl code itself could override the eeprom saved values if there was a discrepancy between the two.

Dunno just talking ideas that could theoretically work.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    Maybe someone needs to write some eeprom read/write code for abl if eeprom is enabled.

Even if it is just a command that will spit out the eeprom values when abl is enabled would probably be a big help so that you can compare firmware and eeprom values so that it would make diagnosing the issue immediate.

Or if the abl code itself could override the eeprom saved values if there was a discrepancy between the two.

Dunno just talking ideas that could theoretically work.
    One simple idea would be to change the EEPROM Data Version number based on the Auto Bed Leveling state. If Auto Bed Leveling gets turned on, the version number gets bumped and then the EEPROM values do not get used.

That "should" be easy to setup. But i havent looked at the code.

It would be an if statement in the initialization code

If(abl on variable == true)
    Version# = version#+1

Its just a matter of knowing actual variables where to insert code and proper syntax. All of which i havent looked at. But the fix itself is easy enough.

having some issue were its not homing correctly. after i complete a print i still leave the printer on and load up the new print. select the print from the sdcard and after my bed is done heating it should g28 to home and than g29 to abl. what ends up happening is it seems like it is homing than it will start to probe in the back right corner for the abl which is wrong. ill turn of the printer and move the bed and the extruder off the endstops. start the print again and after the bed gets to temp it will start to home but what i noticed on the extruder wont even hit the X-Endstop. if i restart the printer a couple times it will work correctly. this is a new issue for me after i updated the firmware.

No... It's all pre-processor stuff. It would be more of the form:

Code:
    #define EEPROM_VERSION "V10"
    #ifdef ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING  // Note:  This should be first in the Version over rides
        #undef EEPROM_VERSION        // because if DELTA or SCARA is defined, we want them
        #define EEPROM_VERSION "V30" // to have their way!
    #endif
    #ifdef DELTA
        #undef EEPROM_VERSION
        #define EEPROM_VERSION "V11"
    #endif
    #ifdef SCARA
        #undef EEPROM_VERSION
        #define EEPROM_VERSION "V12"
    #endif
    If we did something like this, the first time they turn on the Auto Bed Leveling, the version number would change, and the bad values stored in the EEPROM would be ignored.

What do you think Dacb? Can we sneak this into your fork too (Because I'm hoping we merge it back into the main tree) ? This code was in in Configuration_Store.cpp
    Last edited by Roxy; 12-14-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Yeah i knew it would be a simple if statement. just knowing where to place it is the hard part esp when you havent had a chance to look at the code. My printer will be finished this week. That will give me the the free time between/during prints to start looking at code more.

Engineer
    You don't want to look at code during prints. When you find something to change, suddenly you're impatiently waiting for the print to finish before you can upload/test your changes.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    Yeah i knew it would be a simple if statement. just knowing where to place it is the hard part esp when you havent had a chance to look at the code. My printer will be finished this week. That will give me the the free time between/during prints to start looking at code more.
    Actually... We could do it with real code as opposed to being entirely done in the pre-processor. We would change this:

Code:
    char ver2[4]=EEPROM_VERSION;
      i=EEPROM_OFFSET;
      EEPROM_WRITE_VAR(i,ver2); // validate data
    to something like this each place it is used. If we did this, it would work with SCARA and DELTA as the mode was switched back and forth. This strategy would change the capital V in the version to a lower case v which would be sufficient to flag the data as out of date:
    Code:
      char ver2[4]=EEPROM_VERSION;
    #ifdef ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING 
      ver2[0]='v';
    #endif
      i=EEPROM_OFFSET;
      EEPROM_WRITE_VAR(i,ver2); // validate data
    Last edited by Roxy; 12-15-2014 at 10:41 AM.

That seems like the more elegant solution aas it would work for all cases vs just adding more code per style of printer

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast