Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Reify-3D Solus DLP Printer

A new DLP-based SLA 3D printer is about to hit Indiegogo. Reify-3D, a Tawain-based company has produced the Solus 3D printer. The printer will come without the DLP projector and be priced at around $1,000. More details on the Reify-3D Solus can be found here: http://3dprint.com/16485/reify-solus-dlp-3d-printer/

Here are some of the specs of this new machine:

Printer Size: 24 x 28.5 x 40 cm
    Printer Weight: 6kg

Using XGA (1024×768) Projector:
    14.5 x 11 x 20cm build volume
    50-140 microns resolution

Using HD (1920×1080) Projector
    14.5 x 8.2 x 20cm build volume
    25-76 microns resolution

Check out the printer below, which features many key innovations, including extendable legs to fit various projectors, and a nonstick resin chamber:

Banned
    Hey guys, the Solus has just launched on Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/s...dlp-3d-printer

Starting at $999 without projector

Add Reify 3D on Facebook
    Thank you for sharing our information Brian and our launch news RedSox2013.

If anyone has any questions about Solus, please feel free to ask.

Brief overview of our most recent article on you guys:
    Reify-3D, a startup based in Taiwan but founded by Canadian Mark Kuhnlein, has launched a fixed Indiegogo campaign to raise $50K by December 13th for their 3D printer, the Solus, which boasts higher print quality, less print failure, great affordability, and durability — all wrapped into one — based on their new peeling technology which eliminates the need for you to replace or re-coat your resin tank. See more: http://3dprint.com/24989/reify3d-indiegogo-solus/

Below is a photo of the Solus 3D printer:

Add Reify 3D on Facebook
    Here's a picture of some earmolds we just printed for one of our backers. They were sliced at 70 microns Z and the surface quality is excellent.

earmolds.jpg

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've been looking at getting a Form1+ for a while now, but the more I look at costs and output quality, it seems like a DLP-based printer is the way to go. The laser and peel subsystems within the FormLabs printer seem to be too error-prone for my liking. This Solus machine here seems like a great alternative. The thing I can't get beyond is that the projector is in no way tied into the chassis-- a simple bump of the table will likely cause an artifact in the print. I can understand the need to keep costs down, but is having the projector simply sitting in front of the printer really a good compromise?

Add Reify 3D on Facebook
    We have done extensive testing with the projector sitting unattached in front the printer and it works fine. That being said, many people have asked about this so we are discussing alternative designs.

Easy solution is to attach both printer and projector to the same piece of wood (or another sheet material). Having a custom-made base could be a good option for some people to buy. Now how to make mounting holes to fit any projector is the hard part, straps is the easy way but not the prettiest.

Best of luck with the campaign! Happy to see home-based DLPs are finally seeing light.

Add Reify 3D on Facebook
    It would be simple for us to add 3 or 4 holes to the base plate that can be used as mounting holes. The projector mounting layouts are usually included with every projector or are easy enough to find online.

For larger build areas, the projector needs to be further away from the mirror. The base plate would need to be quite large if we hope to keep it as flexible as it is now. I'm hoping there's a good solution, but we haven't thought of one yet.
    Last edited by Reify 3D; 11-23-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

A free solution is to provide a print file specific for the popular printers that the customer can print on their own, this way it doesn't have to be a "one size fits all" product.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast