Close

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dig it! I just noticed that the wscode viewer was updated recently and has some nice new features.

Engineer
    Well, phooey. I just got my raspi, and I put the octopi image on the sd, put it in the raspi, then connected it to my router. I have no HDMI-capable screen in my house, nor a spare keyboard/mouse. I put power to the raspi, and I still do not see it show up on my router config page... I'll have to figure something else out when I get home from work.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Aw man that's frustrating! You should sneak it into the local electronics store computer section (or library lol) and configure it up!

Are you able to see anything in your browser when you go to "octopi.local" in a browser window?

Engineer
    No, the page times out. I didn't expect it to work, as I haven't even managed to verify the OS is working. I can't even mount the SD card on my Linux laptop to examine it.

Looks like it *might* be the microSDHC. I got the Samsung Evo 32GB class 10. The wiki says it doesn't work, so I'm swapping it out for the 32gb microSDHC from my phone. The green LED on the B+ didn't blink or anything, which the wiki says means it didn't boot properly.

Second card did not work. It also will not mount on my laptop after flashing. I think it's the OctoPi image I downloaded. It downloaded over 900mb, when the mirror said it's only 867mb. Redownloading.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 10-07-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    No, the page times out. I didn't expect it to work, as I haven't even managed to verify the OS is working. I can't even mount the SD card on my Linux laptop to examine it.

Looks like it *might* be the microSDHC. I got the Samsung Evo 32GB class 10. The wiki says it doesn't work, so I'm swapping it out for the 32gb microSDHC from my phone. The green LED on the B+ didn't blink or anything, which the wiki says means it didn't boot properly.

Second card did not work. It also will not mount on my laptop after flashing. I think it's the OctoPi image I downloaded. It downloaded over 900mb, when the mirror said it's only 867mb. Redownloading.

Use the formatting utility from sdcard.org

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I had the same issue as you until I used that to format my card instead, just make sure you tick use all space and do a full format.

Engineer
    I did that with the second card. It had two partitions, so I deleted them and made one that used the whole disk, then flashed the image to it. Didn't work. About 20% into the new download now, so I'll try again in the morning. I run Ubuntu Linux on my computer, so the Formatter won't work for me. (It will under WINE, but I don't want to trust something like this to a program running under an emulator)

Edit: I got it working. The SD card device name was something like mmcblk0. The disk utility I was using kept installing the image to mmcblk0p1, or to the partition. I used a command-line command to do it to mmcblk0 instead, and it was mountable, and booted up properly in the raspi. I finally got wifi working on it, so I'm about to hook it up to the printer and send the first gcode through it.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 10-07-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Awesome! Glad to hear you got the SD card and all working.

I've been having some connection issues with mine, not during prints or anything but when I boot up the raspberry pi board. I unplugged everything from the raspberry pi and would have to power cycle a few times until the octopi page would come up. I couldn't ever determine what was causing it to hang but I've been leaving it on all the time now and haven't had any issues with the connection since!

Also as a note, the pause and stop buttons do work but take about 15 to actually stop the printing.

Engineer
    I got it working to the point where I can access the web page on my phone's browser without using wifi. Current problems are, 1, the webcam I have doesn't seem to work with mjpeg-whatever, and 2, if I upload a .gcode file to the raspi, it tries to send commands even while old commands are still being executed. I have auto bed leveling set up and running, and while it's probing the bed, nearly 60 commands get sent to the printer, which then chokes because it last saw command #13. So for now I'm stuck with uploading .gcodes to the SD card, and printing from there.

Did either of you guys need to use a powered USB hub to get your webcams working, or did they work plugged directly into the raspi?

Edit: I fixed problem 2 by increasing the communication timeout to 300. Now OctoPrint doesn't get carried away sending commands to the printer without a response.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 10-08-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Did either of you guys need to use a powered USB hub to get your webcams working, or did they work plugged directly into the raspi?
    Nope, I didn't need a powered USB hub to get any of the peripherals powered up. I'm running a Rasberry Pi B+ version with a 5V, 2A power supply.

Hi, sorry for not responding, I've been traveling.

I've read through this quickly, but maybe you can summarize the current state?

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast