Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I used the best quality setting (after all, it is a gift box ). It took 7h42m.

Nice! How are the bases of the items you build on their tape set up? No curling?

I made two objects, one a 3"x4"x.062" stencil with my grandson's name, the other a 4"x5"x.093" envelope with grandma and grandpa as the return address and my grandson's complete name and address on it (all with raised lettering bringing the total height to .125". Both had a smallish amount of curl on the front/left corner. Not much by any means, but I know it's there. Nobody I show it to will notice it as they won't be looking at it with the same critical eye that I'm looking at it.

There is nothing to be seen in the way of curl on the gift box. There is no curl to be seen at the bottom of the supports for the 3" sphere I'm currently printing.

Ok, here is the sphere. Halfway through, I dropped a quarter, nickel, dime, and penny into it. If only this thing did ABS as well... I may just have to up my $$$ and go for it's big brother (the NOT re-branded printer).

20141114_143839.jpg20141114_144104.jpg20141114_144127.jpg

Wow that's great. I was worried there may be some bad curling on flat objects but i guess not. The sphere is pretty awesome good idea dropping the money inside!

the one thing that seems nice with Dremel is the US 24/7 Support

One NICER thing with the Dremel is that if you buy it from Home Depot, you get their 90 day return policy. So... if something dies or goes badly amiss within 90 days, no worries. Return it and start again...

I did not know about that. Is the policy standard or do you need to have some type of enhanced or rewards membership with them?

Nothing special. If you look at their online site, it specifically states the return time. It shows it on the receipt as well, so if the refund time changes for an item some time (days or weeks) after you've bought it, you still get the time that was given at the date of sale.

Awesome thank you for the info. You print any more items?

I wasn't home much yesterday, so only got this one to add. I saw this solder reel holder on thingverse. This is the first one that I printed at "Standard" rather than "High". so there is a little banding on it. Also, I haven't cleaned it up yet, so it is what it is...

20141115_093339.jpg
    Last edited by ssayer; 11-15-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast