Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I saw a handful of these printing in the Dremel Booth at Maker Fair. They were turning out pretty decent prints.

I'll have one here tomorrow

Thanks for the info JohnA136!

ssayer can you update this page with more info once yours arrives?

You bet!

It arrived about 2 hours ago. Took 10-15 minutes to unbox and set it up. Unlike the Davinci, it's leveling is a lot easier as it's leveling points are right over the leveling screws (so it was pretty fast leveling it). Their print "tape" is pretty thick, first two prints stuck really well. The only negative is that I couldn't get a couple of the small bubbles out between the tape and the print bed (and I was using a rolling pin to push all the air bubbles out with).

Two quick items to note.
    1. It tends to drool a little as it's warming up. Even watching it as best I can and trying to clean it up at the last second, I wasn't able to get it spotless just before the print. But...
    2. It prints a skirt at the beginning, and it sure needs to as it extrudes nothing for about the first... 3 inches of the skirt.
    Neither of these two items are a killer by any means, just noting what I see.

The first thing I printed was one of it's test pieces, a tree frog. Pretty decent quality...

20141113_143908.jpg

Second try was a simple stencil that I made up for my grandson. I printed it on medium quality (you only get 3 options). Once again, decent, with a tad bit of lifting at the front left corner (hey, it's only .062" thick and 4"x3" over all)...

20141113_143546.jpg

So, first impressions (and I'll update as I go along)... If PLA only is good enough for you, it's not too shabby.

quality looks pretty good. Im debating on canceling my Solidoodle Press order and coughing up the extra money for the Dremel idea builder!

Well, I'll be printing pretty steady for the next few days. I'll definitely chime in with anything else in case it affects your decision.

Oh, one other plus vs. the Davinci (only one I can compare it to on personal experience) is that it doesn't need the computer attached to start a print.

Flip side, the computer has to compile your file into the proprietary Dremel format before you toss it on to an SD card (supplied).

Awesome keep posting pictures of the things you create please and thank you

I've got two stock things I want to get printed first, just to see how they're handled by this printer, and then I'll get back to the stuff I've been drawing up on Blender. What's printing right now is the Labyrinth Gift Box from Thingverse (both parts at once). It's about half way done and looking good. I figured it was a good test because of the height of each part verses their x and y sizes. Either the Davinci set the bar very very low, or this thing is just that good.

Then I want to do the hollow sphere made from polyhedrons, so I can pause it 2/3s of the way through and drop in a keepsake to see how that comes out.

I'll post pics of both of them up tomorrow.
    Last edited by ssayer; 11-14-2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: doing sphere instead of heart

Ok, just pulled the Labyrinth Gift Box out.

First pic. Still in the printer. You can see the little whiskers as the head went from one object to the other. Also a little bit of nubs on the right piece from where it starts the right side's print.
    20141114_074700.jpg

Second pic. After about a 3 minute cleanup with my sponge sandpaper. Looks pretty decent!
    20141114_082511.jpg

With each item that I print, my opinion of the Davinci drops a little more.

Wow quality looks really good! How long did it take to print the Labyrinth Gift Box? Also what quality settings did you use? Keep the pictures coming

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast