Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So... You need to tweek the Z-Probe Offset. Make it a bigger negative number. But go small... You don't want to drive the nozzle into the bed.

A couple of changes, compiles and firmware loads and you will be there.

Technician
    I think Im having the same issue as Pronus is having in the other thread.

I pick a point on the bed and set it to x0 y0 z0 with the G92 command.
    Then set the z probe to that same spot and get the values of x-30 y7 z8.10
    enter those in marlin as x30 y-7 z-8.10 and upload

Then enter g28 code....here the nozzle first goes to the back right of the bed, where the endstops and then moves to the point that I entered as the g92 location....except its shifted a bit. Then I manually put the nozzle back to the initial point on the bed and hit m114 and I get x106.60 y133.30 z-4.30

Technician
    So when i manually find x0 y0 z0 it is in the back right corner now

Quote Originally Posted by dollarz81 View Post
    I think Im having the same issue as Pronus is having in the other thread.

I pick a point on the bed and set it to x0 y0 z0 with the G92 command.
    Then set the z probe to that same spot and get the values of x-30 y7 z8.10
    enter those in marlin as x30 y-7 z-8.10 and upload

Then enter g28 code....here the nozzle first goes to the back right of the bed, where the endstops and then moves to the point that I entered as the g92 location....except its shifted a bit. Then I manually put the nozzle back to the initial point on the bed and hit m114 and I get x106.60 y133.30 z-4.30
    Dollarz81, can you turn off your EEPROM settings in Configuration.h ? Rebuild it and load the firmware into your printer. And see if the problem is still there. And then post your Configuration.h file?

Technician
    Still not working
    Attached Files Attached Files

EEPROM is still turned on in that Configuration.h file.

#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
    //to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
    // please keep turned on if you can.
    #define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

Can you post a picture of your bed and nozzle with the probe down? I'm wondering if your probe offsets are inverted.

Technician
    Eeprom were undefined the whole time....oops. I turned them on and tried it. Still the same. Is the G92 command supposed to set the home position on eeprom?

EEPROM is still turned on in that Configuration.h file. To turn it off add the RED comments:

//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
    //to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
    // please keep turned on if you can.
    //#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

Can you post a picture of your bed and nozzle with the probe down?
    I'm wondering if your probe offsets are inverted.

Dollarz81,

I responded to your question in the thread I started, but I also have a question for you. When you run G28, is the hotend staying at X0,Y0 to probe the Z axis? That is how I wasn't noticing the contact of the x endstop. With G28 my hotend was moving to X0/Y0 and would just move up and down to probe the Z axis and not move to the middle of the bed. So when I would do a G29, it would just go up and back down to make the first probing point because the x endstop was already activated. When I swapped to Roxy's code base, G28 would move to X0,Y0 and then move the x/y axis to the middle of the bed to probe the Z axis because of the change in Z Safe Homing in the configuration.h. Then doing a G29 made it obvious that I was making contact with x endstop on the first probing point. Although it was obvious, it took me a while to notice it

The change I found out was in the

#ifdef Z_SAFE_HOMING

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT (X_MAX_LENGTH/2) // X point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28)
    #define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT (Y_MAX_LENGTH/2) // Y point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28)

Before switching to Roxy's code base, my x and y axis z safe homing points were set to 0

Technician
    Roxy,
    EEPROM was turned off before I posted the config.h file. I turned it on before I posted it. EEPROM was turned off this whole time.

Here is a video of what happens when I hit the g28 code.

http://youtu.be/bhh-fVncnjU

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast