Close

Print Quality - Will it match other printers?

From the looks of things, the peachy printer looks to be able to print some basic designs. However, will it really be able to print up to the same resolution and scale as other printers on the market today that sell for $500-$1500? I have my doubts. Does anyone know for sure?

Student
    While the pictures that they have aren't much to look at, I think that the final quality should be much much better. The current pictures, for instance, have artifacts from surface tension problems. I've been told that this will soon be an issue of the past.

As for minimum wall thickness, I think that this printer has got them beat at .2 mm minimum wall thickness. While Makerbot doesn't list the minimum wall thickness in their product spec (that I saw), I did find this video that shows their in-house printer calibrated to .3 mm wall thickness. In the video they show a print of this calibration file.

Another great advantage to this printer is that the small features don't need to have dimensions that are multiples of the wall thicknesses.

Rylan is working with MakerJuice to make a better Resin. So it may come with a .1mm wall thickness... it's a laser (pressision), in water(low resistance)

Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    Rylan is working with MakerJuice to make a better Resin. So it may come with a .1mm wall thickness... it's a laser (pressision), in water(low resistance)
    I think this is very critical. We need the .1mm thickness or I just don't see the Peachy Printer being capable of high quality output.

The wall thickness has more to do with the precision of the laser more than the resin, I think. The resin quality may play more of a factor with water viscosity and layer thickness.

Student
    I'm not sure it would be "critical". I'd still buy a printer for $120 instead of $1200, assuming that peachy can meet or beat Makerbot. I'm pretty sure it can, but if it can't it is still a good deal.

Print and show a photo of an Eiffel tower print, any size. It seems to be (3Doodler, Form1) a good parameter.