Close

Makerbot Replicator Mini users! Help me.

Hello.
    I want to show you some pictures of my BRAND NEW Makerbot Replicator Mini and hope to hear your opinions.
    I looked for information and found a unboxing video by Makerbot. Comparing to the printer and parts in the video, mines are very strange.
    As you can see in the pictures, (https://plus.google.com/113706580612...ts/T8y2Yh9cGDb)
    All parts, even the printer, were just wrapped in teared-open bags, not in sealed bags.
    There was no User's manual or Guide book or any paper document whatever.
    Only one blue tape and it's already attached on the plate. No extra ones.
    No red label covering the front switch.
    No top door
    Much dust in the printer's work volume. The dust looks like just dust but it won't blow off, wipe off. It looks the dust stick onto the surface. I have no experience in 3D printing though, I guess it's maybe printing material(resin).
    The most doubtful thing is the extruder. There are blue resin in and around the nozzle and there are transparent resin on the extruder near the nozzle. I can understand if the extrude passed a test during manufacturing. but is it not sufficient to test with one color filament? Are the untidy test marks necessary? I doubt it's not a test.
    I hope many users of BRAND NEW Makerbot Replicator Mini give feedback based on your experience.
    I'll tell you later the story about my Makerbot Replicator Mini. How I got it and who supplied it.
    Welcome any comment. Thanks

Technologist American 3D Printing's Avatar
    Add American 3D Printing on Facebook Add American 3D Printing on Google+ Add American 3D Printing on Thingiverse
    It would be helpful to mention where you got the machine from:

Direct from Makerbot, or from a reseller (like us). If it was a reseller, perhaps it was a floor model or demo. Did you buy it in a store or online? What does the labeling on the box say? If it was from a reseller it will show whether it came from makerbot, or from their distributor, Ingram Micro.

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    Box her up and send it back if you thought you were buying a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by American 3D Printing View Post
    It would be helpful to mention where you got the machine from:

Direct from Makerbot, or from a reseller (like us). If it was a reseller, perhaps it was a floor model or demo. Did you buy it in a store or online? What does the labeling on the box say? If it was from a reseller it will show whether it came from makerbot, or from their distributor, Ingram Micro.
    Thank you for comments. It could be a floor model or demo. I couldn't think about such things. I'll check that.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMTechRob View Post
    Box her up and send it back if you thought you were buying a new one.
    Yes, I"m thinking about return. Thanks.

Makerbot Replicator Mini users! Help me.

MakerBot Industries' products were designed to be built by anyone with basic technical skills and were described as about as complicated as assembling IKEA furniture.[The first printers were sold as do it yourself kits, requiring only minor soldering, but later models were designed as closed-box products, with little or no user customization or construction.

Thanks

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    Getting a used machine has nothing to do with technical skills required.

Did you keep the machine or send it back.