Close

One up Vs. Two Up

Can someone explain to me what the major differences between the One Up and Two Up are?

1^ vs 2^

Quote Originally Posted by BakerEvan View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the major differences between the One Up and Two Up are?
    The only difference is size. This is reflected in the bed size: 100x100 ==> 175x175, and is accomplished by having longer x and y rods, toothed belts, and a bigger actual bed.

Everything else is the same: same motors, same hot end, same firmware, etc.

David

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by dpharris View Post
    The only difference is size. This is reflected in the bed size: 100x100 ==> 175x175, and is accomplished by having longer x and y rods, toothed belts, and a bigger actual bed.

Everything else is the same: same motors, same hot end, same firmware, etc.

David
    There are also I believe 2 frame pieces that are physically longer. But the good news is that if you buy the one-up, there will soon be an upgrade kit to turn your one-up into a two-up for somewhere around $80. If you don't think you'll need the bigger build area, go with the one-up. If you find you could use the extra space, just upgrade when the kit becomes available!

*Note that if you buy the heated bed for the one-up, it would not be compatible if you upgrade using the two-up kit. I would advise on holding off on the heated bed if you were thinking about it until you are sure which size you want.*