Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

3D Printing Flowers for a Cause

An Associate Professor named Darlene Farris-LaBar is 3D printing flowers from the Poconos Region in Pennsyvania, in order to make people aware of their beauty, and at the same time teach them about the continued loss of flowers on this planet. She Rhino 3D to model the flowers, and then prints them on a Stratasys 3D printer. Once complete, the flowers are then painted and then put into molded plaster to look as though they are growing from the ground. Read more about what this incredible woman is doing at: http://3dprint.com/14758/3d-printed-flowers

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    They are prints????? wow!!!!!

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    Printed? No way, too much detail on those, i can almost tell they aré real and if not, then she is doing an excellent job

Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
    Printed? No way, too much detail on those, i can almost tell they aré real and if not, then she is doing an excellent job
    Believe me, they are from 3D printing. Darlene Farris-LaBar is my cousin and I too was so surprised of the results. She IS doing an excellent job and hopefully will produce more of the floral aspects of our beautiful Pocono Mountains to preserve them before the bulldozers take over to create the suburbs of NYC.