Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool FlashForge is on YouTube | What Videos Would You Like to See?

Hi Fellas!

FlashForge has just established a YouTube channel not too long ago in order to provide videos to better support you guys.

We've just completed several videos for the Creator Pro and the Dreamer 3D printer. But we'd like to custom-tailor the topics to what you guys want specifically. Let me know any ideas that you guys have — troubleshoot videos, instructional videos, time lapse of FlashForge 3D printers in action, etc.

Be sure to subscribe to the official FlashForge YouTube channel to receive updates on future video releases

Peter
    Need immediate assistance? Please give us a call at toll-free 1.855.243.9838 / international: 1.626.322.3855 M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm PST | E-mail: supports@flashforge-usa.com | FlashForge YouTube Channel

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I would say videos on extruder/hot end disassembly. Stepper motor replacement. Probably some videos of unpacking to first print. Clearing clogged nozzles.

Maybe some makerware/profitweak profile setup since that is what many use.

Maybe a video of older creator X platform upgrade to the newer pro style platform and z-axis rods.

Technician
    Big ditto on the extruder disassembly and reassembly. Not quite as big a ditto on the makerware profile setup, but only because the extruder disassembly was a really massive ditto.

Maybe a tour of the 'underbelly' of the printer for the technically inclined. What the boards are, that sort of thing.

Firmware upgrade instructions. I've tried a couple of times; that 'hit the reset while clicking the update button' business is tricky.

Cheers,

John

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Would you like some videos on the caveman version of the FF3D? I think I can have pulled it apart and rebuilt it more than anyone else with one, including your techos'

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Maybe a tour of the 'underbelly' of the printer for the technically inclined. What the boards are, that sort of thing.
    Umm yeah - you know, I never did turn her upside down - well it's not polite to look up a woman's skirt :-)

So yep would be interesting to see what's down there :-)

Oh and maybe some thing on whether it's possible/easy to move the creator's on/off button from the back to the front. That's really my only issue on the whole design.
    I'm guessing it's physically attached to the psu - but could it be moved by someone who doesn't solder ? (ie: me)

I've had the extruder to bits - that's pretty straightforward.
    Maybe a video on how to get ninjaflex working. IE: which parts I need to print and how they fit within the existing layout.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    I would say videos on extruder/hot end disassembly. Stepper motor replacement. Probably some videos of unpacking to first print. Clearing clogged nozzles.

Maybe some makerware/profitweak profile setup since that is what many use.

Maybe a video of older creator X platform upgrade to the newer pro style platform and z-axis rods.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdg56 View Post
    Big ditto on the extruder disassembly and reassembly. Not quite as big a ditto on the makerware profile setup, but only because the extruder disassembly was a really massive ditto.

Firmware upgrade instructions. I've tried a couple of times; that 'hit the reset while clicking the update button' business is tricky.

Cheers,

John
    Yep! Extruder disassembly for both the Dreamer and the Creator Pro have already been made. Go check'em out

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Would you like some videos on the caveman version of the FF3D? I think I can have pulled it apart and rebuilt it more than anyone else with one, including your techos'
    Do share it with the community if you have one! it'd be like a iFixit teardown of 3D printers

Keep them coming guys; I'm jotting down all the ideas as we speak...
    Need immediate assistance? Please give us a call at toll-free 1.855.243.9838 / international: 1.626.322.3855 M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm PST | E-mail: supports@flashforge-usa.com | FlashForge YouTube Channel

Technician
    A request to ... oh, not just Flashforge, but everybody on the internet... When you say 'use hex wrench to detach/remove...', why don't you say what size, somewhere? The bolts on the fans, and the bolts that hold the assembly to the printer, are all 2mm, at least on my Creator X....

Cheers,

John
    Last edited by jdg56; 09-10-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Technician
    I have another request, please. Preventive maintenance, on all models, would be a nice topic to cover. These things are rather complex, and if you could produce a few tutorials on how to keep them running, that would be a good thing.

Cheers,

John

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    grease regularly and tighten screws.
    What else should I be doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdg56 View Post
    I have another request, please. Preventive maintenance, on all models, would be a nice topic to cover. These things are rather complex, and if you could produce a few tutorials on how to keep them running, that would be a good thing.

Cheers,

John
    I want to see this too;
    What should I do to keep my printer in good shape? How? When? Why?
    And also some videos on trouble-shooting print problems or printer problems in general would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast