Close

Everything I print comes out looking like this.

Layer height .15

initial layer .2

line wide .4

Initial layer line wide 140

Wall thickness 1.2

wall line count 10

top and bottom thickness . 8

top layers 6

bottom layers 6

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime green View Post
    Layer height .15

initial layer .2

line wide .4

Initial layer line wide 140 ?

Wall thickness 1.2

wall line count 10 ?

top and bottom thickness . 8

top layers 6

bottom layers 6

Any suggestions?
    From my limited experience, you are asking for a wall thickness of 1.2mm with a wall line count of ten with a 0.4mm line width ?
    Three line widths would make a 1.2mm wall thickness.

You're asking for six top layers with a 0.15mm layer height to make a 0.8 thickness, try a top thickness using a multiple of your layer height, ditto for bottom thickness

Perhaps try with a standard slicer profile for whatever filament you are using.

I downloaded the newest version of Cura with different settings, printed again with no change. How do I select a standard profile? I think some settings changed over because it still sees what type of printer I'm using. I want to start from scratch, maybe uninstall and re-install?

Super Moderator
    Presuming you are using PLA, I believe there will be a standard PLA generic profile for each printer selected in Cura, but I am not sure.
    It could be that if you uninstall Cura and do a fresh install you will get the basic generic profile.

I'm using Prusasclicer and prefer it over Cura and you can revert settings back to the basic profile.

Perhaps someone will chime in with a definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    Presuming you are using PLA, I believe there will be a standard PLA generic profile for each printer selected in Cura, but I am not sure.
    It could be that if you uninstall Cura and do a fresh install you will get the basic generic profile.

I'm using Prusasclicer and prefer it over Cura and you can revert settings back to the basic profile.

Perhaps someone will chime in with a definitive answer.
    I am using PLA. I will try to uninstall or go with Prusasclicer and report back.

Super Moderator
    I really like Prusaslicer because it's so easy to find out what each command actually does just by holding the pointer over it and a web page comes up, hope you like it.