I've been 3D printing for a few years now, and I currently run 2 Anycubic Mono X printers (I have three, but only two are up and running currently. More on that later). I am persistently, though sporadically, having issues where the FEP is punctured or damaged to the point that resin is making it's way onto the screen. Usually, it's small holes, but on one catastrophic occasion that happened with that third printer, the entire FEP was sliced open along one of the long edges, causing resin to make it not only onto the screen, but down into the interior of the printer. Because the screen connections were ruined to the point it doesn't work at all, I haven't had a chance to see (after cleaning out the interior) if the machine still functions, but that's a problem for another day. For now, I just had my third LCD in the last year or so ruined by a small puncture in the FEP during a print. I cannot determine why this is happening and would love any help. I'll tell you what I have done thus far to try to alleviate this.

For the vat that had the long slice along the side, I checked the vat carefully for any sharp edges or burrs. It was completely smooth and felt normal. I also lubricate my FEPs before prints by putting PTFE 3-in-1 lubricant down, wiping it down briefly with a microfiber paper towel to get excess out, letting it sit for 5 minutes or so, and then wiping it again lightly to make sure there's no standing residue. I have gone to a screen protector on one of my printers, unfortunately, I did not take this precaution with the one I just FUBARed. I will in the future, but I'd still like to avoid this issue if possible.