Close

Question Roller Wheel Issue?

When I received my Ender 3 S1 and first assembled it I noticed the X and Y motion had what felt like a dead spot in the rollers or the aluminum guide itself. So I adjusted the roller tension which was indeed too tight. The dead spot was now only slightly noticeable, and over time seemed to diminish.

Lately printing in spiral/vase mode I notice at a certain elevation the layers are off like something randomly shifted. I'm printing at a relatively slow 50mm/s, .2mm layer. I notice this defect to varying degrees on similar prints.

Spiral Issue.jpg

I know its tough to quantify but how smooth should the X?Y axis move? Does the rolling resistance need to be perfectly constant or is some deviation OK?

HIit should be pretty smooth if all things are going well. So clearly there is something going wrong. I would maybe try replacing the rollers if you think that is the issue. you could also try tightening the lead screw but other than that i am out of options. Hope this help good luck trying to find the solution