Close

Can't quite get prusha slicer workin with my EasyThreed k7

I tried asking this on a different form that turned out to be dead at closer inspection so one more time over hereOkay i picked up one of these printers for $50 the easythreed k7, after some fiddling I got it goin pretty good and been havein fun with it.look at this wiggly guy
    wiggley guy.jpg
    yeah, that’s pretty cool, anyway, I have been usein the Cura slicer as the printer came with a profile for it, I played around with Prusa Slicer and found some advantages with it. The issue is I attempted to manually create a profile for my printer for Prusha by copying the setting from Cura and this resulted in the print nozzle crashing into the print bed and pumping out plastic so what I gotta do here because ¯\_(?)_/¯?here is a link to the cura easythreed k7 profile included with my printer from the manufacturer https://file.io/L3zFwBZXvX1Z

Here is a screenshot of the printer settings from cura and now that I take a second look it's likely because I did not add the start and end g-code but i'll go ahead and throw down this post just in case I need more information than I think I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by don't; 10-23-2023 at 09:38 PM.

okay well I tried replacing the existing start and end g-code with what was found in Cura and resulted in no change, it just goes to the corner of the bed and extrudes plastic until it buries the nozzle I am at a loss

it wont let me edit my last post ya know I do not think i added the printhead settings maybe this is it not sure what the equivalent of those are

edit well I didn't find those but I did set the z offset up by a full mm just to be sure it didn't touch the bed to see if it would try to move at all and no it did not it will only extrude after it goes though its calibration movements and then lowers itself to the corner of the bed
    Last edited by don't; 10-24-2023 at 07:59 PM.

okay let's look and the G code produced by both softwares now it seems the movements are the part of the code that does not function in prusha primarily they both use G1 commands for this this is of course a linear movement

cura outputs something like this and works
    G1 X33.014 Y70.256 E0.01391
    Prusha outputs something like this
    G1 X-31.706 Y-64.706 E.01655
    so obviously the formatting is just a little off in the prusha how do I set prusha to output a formatting like in the cura example?

I could likely edit it myself or even write a script that could do it automatically but ide rather not resort to this