Close

Student

Trying to make letters of the Alphabet

New to 3d printing and i am trying to make letters of the Alphabet using Microgramma D Bold Extended font I need the letters to spel ABARTH i need each letter to be 75mm High 75mm Wide and 3mm thick. I have tried with Fusion 360 with no success. Can anyone help.

Staff Engineer
    I confirmed that I have Microgramma D Bold Extended typeface installed in my computer. I then started Fusion 360 and started a new sketch on the x/y plane. Selecting Create>Text and dragging out a rectangle, I was presented with the dialog box from which I chose the correct typeface. I typed in your text and set the height to 75 mm, then used E to extrude to 3 mm as per your message. All is good, but it's important to note that your requirement of 75 high and 75 wide is not valid. The letters are 75 mm high, but the width of the A is slightly greater than 114 mm. The attached zip file contains a Fusion 360 format file so you can adjust as you like as well as an STL file with the proportional typeface as noted above.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Student
    Thank you very much for this really apreciate it.
    Gives me something to work with.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    I confirmed that I have Microgramma D Bold Extended typeface installed in my computer. I then started Fusion 360 and started a new sketch on the x/y plane. Selecting Create>Text and dragging out a rectangle, I was presented with the dialog box from which I chose the correct typeface. I typed in your text and set the height to 75 mm, then used E to extrude to 3 mm as per your message. All is good, but it's important to note that your requirement of 75 high and 75 wide is not valid. The letters are 75 mm high, but the width of the A is slightly greater than 114 mm. The attached zip file contains a Fusion 360 format file so you can adjust as you like as well as an STL file with the proportional typeface as noted above.
    Sorry I am new to all this. How do i make the letters so they will fit on my 3d plate. Do i need to make it in to individual stl files for each letter. My printer is a Ender 3d v2
    Last edited by carlberry64; 03-22-2023 at 09:55 AM.

Staff Engineer
    Rather than firing up F360 again, I loaded the full STL into Meshmixer and did a "separate shells" then exported each letter to its own file, attached for your viewing pleasure. It's very likely your slicing software could separate the individual letters, but you didn't mention what program you're using and I don't know all the features of all the slicers.

Keep in mind that there's no need to apologize for being new. One must start somewhere.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    Rather than firing up F360 again, I loaded the full STL into Meshmixer and did a "separate shells" then exported each letter to its own file, attached for your viewing pleasure. It's very likely your slicing software could separate the individual letters, but you didn't mention what program you're using and I don't know all the features of all the slicers.

Keep in mind that there's no need to apologize for being new. One must start somewhere.
    I am useing Cura sorry should have said.