Close

Help with first few prints

Hi, I am new to 3D printing and got my first 3D printer (Creality CR10 Smart Pro) this week. I am having trouble printing a Bency as whenever the print gets to a certain point, around 80% complete, the Benchy unsticks from the bed and the print fails. I think I have the bed levelled correctly and have tried a few other things such as, increasing the bed temperature from 60C to 70C and 75C, changing the bottom layer settings in the Creality slicer, and increasing the nozzle temperature from 200 to 215. Are there any tips or advice to help my prints to complete, or even just some general tips and tricks to ensure I have high-quality prints.Thanks very much in advance!

Super Moderator
    Without knowing what your bed is made of it sounds like you might need to use some glue stick prior to printing.

If you try it, it will help if you wipe the bed with a tissue and some IPA or similar before applying the glue stick.

Hi,

The bed is made from PEI spring steel.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    Without knowing what your bed is made of it sounds like you might need to use some glue stick prior to printing.

If you try it, it will help if you wipe the bed with a tissue and some IPA or similar before applying the glue stick.
    Should be okay then, however a wipe with some IPA might help, I give mine a quick wipe before each print

I’m printing again and it came up in the corner, it’s still printing in hopes it will stick down again. I don’t know why it isn’t sticking, I’ve seen videos of people printing with PLA and no bither to them. I actually did clean it with dish soap yesterday

Super Moderator
    Could be that dish soap will leave a residue behind.
    Once a corner comes up it is very unlikely to stick back down.

You tube has many videos about first layer problems, it could be that you need to print one of the many bed leveling tests.
    Search for 'Teaching Tech' on Youtube for some information on this.

Same problem here. Now i am searching some advice at YT.