Close

Issue with Ender 3 V2

Hey all,I'm having a problem with my Ender 3 V2. I started seeing faint lines stuck on my build surface that I have never seen before, and my filament does not stick to the plate correctly when printing over those lines. This has never happened to me before. What should I do? (Image attached to show the problem)Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

More info: Speed: 50 (100% on Ender 3 V2) Cooling: on Material: PLA (to be specific BASICFIL 1.75mm, white) Nozzle temp: 220 Bed temp: 70 Z-offset: 0 (Tried changing it to 0.5 and higher but it would not work)

Super Moderator
    Not sure from the photo what faint lines you mean.

Suggest you use one of the many downloadable bed levelling tests and check the overal bed for high or low spots. Once you have it level try redoing the test and vary the 'Z' offset in 0.01 increments until you get an acceptable first layer thickness.

A 'Z' offset of 0.5 is more than twice the normal 0.2 layer height and you are virtually printing in mid air.
    Also give the bed a good clean with some IPA and then preheat before initial nozzle height adjustment prior to bed level test.
    A slower speed around 50% for first layer might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    Not sure from the photo what faint lines you mean.
    On the photo they don’t seem that faint, you can see them. But I can’t pull them off.

Suggest you use one of the many downloadable bed levelling tests and check the overal bed for high or low spots. Once you have it level try redoing the test and vary the 'Z' offset in 0.01 increments until you get an acceptable first layer thickness.

A 'Z' offset of 0.5 is more than twice the normal 0.2 layer height and you are virtually printing in mid air.
    Will try, thanks.

Also give the bed a good clean with some IPA
    I’m not sure if I have IPA lying around, what else can I use?
    and then preheat before initial nozzle height adjustment prior to bed level test.
    A slower speed around 50% for first layer might help.
    Thanks for your help, will try all of your tips.

Super Moderator
    Lines could be extruded filament stuck to bed, will probably need to be scrapped off.
    If that's a glass bed there is a danger that some glass will come away with any stuck filament, try warming it to normal bed temp first.

Check that you are using the filament manufacturers recommended bed and nozzle temps for for your PLA, maybe try temps in the middle of their recommendations.

Perhaps get some IPA from somewhere like Amazon, mine came in a handy spray bottle and lasts for ages. I use a quick spray and wipe before each print.
    A good scrub with some detegent might work but beware leaving a residue film on the bed plate.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 02-25-2023 at 01:53 AM.

Oh no. I just found out while doing another print that those lines aren't filament, but that they are being scraped on by the extruder. How do I fix this? I don't know how to level the bed for my Ender 3 V2.

Super Moderator
    Maybe look on Youtube, there are countless videos about bed leveling available.

I have never had a Creality printer, but I would have thought there would be something in the assembly instructions to cover the initial set up.

Sounds like perhaps you didn't tighten the bed leveling screws enough to pull the bed below the nozzle when you assembled the printer.

If that's the case, you'll need to tighten the bed leveling screws until you have clearance under the nozzle and the slacken them until you can just feel a piece of paper griped between the bed and the nozzle, just look on Youtube for a better explanation of doing this.

If you've gouged the bed plate you might be best to get a replacement, or just try to arrange any prints on an undamaged part if possible
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 02-25-2023 at 06:16 AM.

Solved!

I fixed the issue. The bed was not leveled, it sat at about an 8 degree at the right side, which caused mild scraping on the bed (which I cleaned up with one of those paint scrapers). I ran a test using one of my many models and it works flawlessly.

Yeah, not anymore. My printer keeps going out of level. And now my extruder doesn't work anymore. Yippee. NEVER AGAIN with Creality

Yeah, not anymore. My printer keeps going out of level. And now my extruder doesn't work anymore. Yippee. NEVER AGAIN with Creality