Close

a nagging print problem

Hello forum,

This is my first time posting on this site, I hope to get some guidance with some of my issues.
    Most current issue is that I am trying to print a set of front and rear axles for a 1/25 scale pickup model. When I print the hole that runs through the axle is solid no matter the orientation that I try to print. Someone mentioned to me that I will need drain holes but I'm not sure that is correct. There are 4 holes that are in the leaf springs of one of the axles that come out just fine. The hole diameter is 2mm.

Anyone have some thoughts or things that I could try??

Thank you,

Rick
    Last edited by limoman39; 02-14-2023 at 12:06 PM. Reason: puncuation

Super Moderator
    A sketch or picture of what you are trying to achieve would help.

One way might be to split the axle in half down itrs length a glue the two halves together afterwards and then clean the outside up.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 02-14-2023 at 02:01 PM.

Thank you for the advice, I might try splitting. I would rather not if I can find the issue. Attached are both the slicer view, which would be what I am looking for. And the actual printed part that has the center hole filled in. Notice the open holes just above the filled hole.
    Thank you,
    Rick
    Printed Axle Pic.jpgPhoton Workshop Axle Pic.jpg

Super Moderator
    Sorry, when you said axle I thought you meant something like a tube or rod.

I know next to nothing about resin printers, but could you turn the STL in the slicer through 90 degrees so the holes are in a vertical plane?