Close

Post Anycubic Kobra Go test print going haywire about halfway in

Hi All,I am a newbie to the hobby. I am looking for some advice on where to start troubleshooting. Just did my first test print. Got about halfway through and I believe it jumped off the bed because its a stringy mess when returning to my bench 5 minutes later so I had to stop it. I have an Anycubic Kobra Go printer and I am using their branded red PLA as a filament. PLA is set to 200 degrees, bed heat I believe I set to 80 deg. 0.2mm standard thickness and infill was set to 15%. I believe this happened because the model jumped off the bed. I will include a picture. I went ahead and purchased a Magicgoo branded glue stick to see if that will help keep my print attached to the bed. Do you guys/gals think that this was the issue? Adhesion to the print bed? I am also going to slow the printer down and reduce speed because it was set to 100 on the dial. I might bump the PLA temp slightly at the nozzle. Any other recommendations to get this test print actually finishing? See image attached for the mess I created lol Thanks in advance for your comments. I am excited to get into this new hobby. It looks like a lot of fun!Hooch
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've done some digging and it look like a Z offset issue. I was only using it at -00.200. It should be set around -02.000. I will try this first as the layers appearing on the skirt in my image fold over.

Quote Originally Posted by hoochrulez55 View Post
    I've done some digging and it look like a Z offset issue. I was only using it at -00.200. It should be set around -02.000. I will try this first as the layers appearing on the skirt in my image fold over.
    I’ve had my Kobra Go for about a month and a half now and after the usual calibration, I printed that file and it worked perfectly fine, having issues with the other prints I make (the quality of the prints are so weird and all over the place). But I didn’t really see much issue with the Z offset, outside of another review on YouTube, so I wonder how much an issue that really is and that I may need to adjust mine as well.

Have you tried printing with susports