Close

How do you decide which 3D printer to buy?

Hi, I am looking to buy my first 3D printer, beyond build size, materials, and price what other factors do you consider when researching which brands and models to consider? Should I consider the following criteria: speed, printing technology, company's tech support, warranty, user reviews, reliability, and maintenance requirements? Have you found any sites that are useful for researching and comparing printers?I was also wondering if there was a way to find out the market share in the US of the top 10 desktop 3D printer manufacturers?

I recommend anyone who asks me to look at the Prusa line of printers. I do not own one, I own a Makergear who is struggling to stay afloat so I do not recommend them.
    Good luck on your quest.

It depends on price.
    Review can be helpful speed not so much, if warranty is important to you look for a good warranty but it doesn't really matter in my opinion. Tech support can be found at online site like this one of things like YouTube and google searching. I have a creality ender three and it is great for the prince around 250-350 AUD. For me it is mostly cost and buying the best for my budget read review and watch video on fist impressions and other things like that about the printer and you should be fine. GOod luck let me know how it goes.

When I decided on my printer I just decided on the size. My CR-10 S5 is 500mm^3 so I should be able to make massive prints with it. Will be cool to be able to print helmets in one piece with it.

The reviews online for it were also very favorable.

Student
    Any thoughts on the Creality Ender-3 Max Neo as an entry-level unit?